A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] How do i incorporate javascript?

[F8] How do i incorporate javascript?

ok i am having sooo much trouble trying to figure this out, i really don't get a chance to use flash that often but am trying to teach myself. I am opening an external swf into a new window but i want to be able to specify the dimensions of the new window and have no address bar ect. I was told to incorporate javascript and have this script:

PHP Code:
    on (release) { 
    getURL("javascript:window.open('test.swf','newWindow','toolbar=0,location=0,directries =0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=0,width=345,height=345,left=0,top=0')"); 

The thing that doesn't work is the dimensions of the new window and i think it is because of how i am using the script. I am simply putting this script over the button. Is this correct? Anybody done something like this before that does work?

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    You should be using ExternalInterface for the Javascript call:
    Code:
    ExternalInterface.call("window.open", "test.swf", "newWindow", "width=345,height=345");
    Now with your code before, was the window at least opening? Just not the correct size?

it didn't work ...

Hi,

I tried that code and it didn't work. I just put it on my button right? Nothing happening, no window even tried to pop up.

With my previous code a window looks like it starts to open but then quits every time.

I'm not sure how the javascript bit works, should i have a html page with some javascript in somewhere in my folders? Or maybe some script on the main timeline? I am so lost and confused.

thanks,

See this technote

gparis

thanks for getting back to me. I have tried this one before and just tried it again to double check and maybe this will help figure out why it is not working.

I tried clicking on both the getURL_javascript swf and FSCommand swf but never worked. The javascript one tired to open and then quit and the FSCommand swf did nothing.

Any ideas what it can be?