A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High in the Arctic .. .. lives an Eskimo !

Arctic Man
    Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska
    I just love the manner in which people 'complain' or gripe about matters so childish.

I started to post a photo essay, and I did not get 1/10 of the images and story posted. and some members began to gripe, *****, complain about such dribble, that I stopped posting on this forum. tisk tisk.

I am sorry I have offended you WannaBe_80z... I am unaware of what you refer to. Yes I have copied and pasted, the info on Polar bears and Iglu's.

144 different countries visited our site this past month. I am trying to put out the word, to reach the world of our need.

If you find fault with my mischievious copy and paste, then I am sure a letter to the Obama admin will make it a law punishable in some manner that you approve of !!

Arctic Man
    um.. er .. .. Busted !! Yes ! I have hand typed most of this.. on over 58 photo forums all over the internet. I have responded to individuals, and forgive me if I have made a mistake in answsering or other mistakes.

I have copied and pasted some portions, it has been a labor of love, trying to reach out the world for help. How can I use the internet to spread the word, Am I limited to just using one web site ? At city Data, a woman was complaining that I am NOT ALLOWED to use real peoples names on the internet. A few brainless people in 2 years ( 4 people) lashed out and called me a liar, that I have stolen these images and that in fact I do not live here.

I am afraid of your world now, I will never leave the arctic, 1/2 you people have no clue of what reality is all about. Your mindset of examining everything and nitpicking looking for ANY EXCUSE to bash and trash is terrible.

Wake up !!

I would just love to see and hear one of you attempt to live out on the ice for just one day, you would be crying and complaing non-stop.

In our world, no one complains here, everyone is so happy and thankful. We get along as ONE !!

We all use pencils, because they have erasers, we ALL MAKE mistakes. I am sorry and I apologize if I did something that was wrong or a mistake. I do not copy and paste responses. on each forum. 62.. .. I have hand typed, but certain parts of the story have been copied and pasted.

what is astounding is the numbers... .. less than 10 people, out of ten million, have voiced their heart felt observations in a negative manner.

Again.. I guess you miss the whole point entirely !!

Have a great day mate .. you choose your name and it fits you perfectly - Wannabe !!

Post a photo of you, in the snow, with an eskimo boot on your head, and todays date written on your chest.

Arctic Man
    and just what would that accomplish ?? Enlighten me !!

It was a reference to internet pop culture - the idea being that, if you do the above, and post the picture, we will know for sure that you are you, and you#re not making all this stuff up.

Arctic Man
    I have a much better idea, I will purchase a plane ticket for you and you can fly up here,, help us outon the trail. and you can create the photographs.. !!

you wouldn't last.. I will pay the price to see that !! But are you up for a meaningfull challenge ?? and a free vacation all expense for one week ??

Arctic Man
    There are many ways for me to prove who I am and where I am without making a fool out of myself.. One call to the district Attorney or state police or Barrow Police !

My sons and I are extremely well known in all villages in the Arctic we make Ivory braclets.

If you want an education.. read " So Proud" on my blog !!

Quote Originally Posted by Majik_Imaje View Post
    I have a much better idea, I will purchase a plane ticket for you and you can fly up here,, help us outon the trail. and you can create the photographs.. !!

you wouldn't last.. I will pay the price to see that !! But are you up for a meaningfull challenge ?? and a free vacation all expense for one week ??
    Sounds nice! Do you want my paypal details?

Someone is having a hissy fit. Thanks for the small attempt at some jabs on me but I have got much worse. I actually do like your photo essays but the way you approach people is a little irritating. Just because you live out in the cold and only hunt whales and make bracelets all day doesn't take away from what the rest of us have lived. If anything I think someone that travels the world is way more open then someone like you who is too purist in their cold head to take anyone elses opinions to heart. Have fun in the snow.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Arctic Man
    I was born @ night ! .. .. .. BUT it wasn't LAST NIGHT !

PAY-PAL details?? (chuckle) , nope.. I will just purchase a round trip plane ticket in your name !

The offer is on the table, lets see what you do with it, are you prepared for 50 below zero and sleeping outside ?? I will gladly post those photos on this thread, and others, (chuckle).

The one question people ask me the most, is how do you go to the bathroom way out there ? DOH !! THE ANSWER IS OBVIOUS !

just go behind any large piece of ice !!

These two captains are sitting, on pick handles used for chopping ice, they are hidden quite well !!

Then you can put the boot on your head, we don't need the date on your chest to prove your presence here !!

Arctic Man
    Well how can I answer that ?? hmmm. hissy fit ? No, I am just coming down to your level, as you so seem inclined to point out my 'mistakes; and my lack of certain basic skills from the world I left 30 years ago.

I must say, The bowhead whale, is the smallest part of our diet, There are too many more animals we use. The list is quite extensive.

Bowhead Whale
    Beluga Whale

4 types of seals

walrus

Oogurk

too many birds, ducks, and such

too many tpes of fish, crab

Lots and Lots of Caribou

I probably have missed several other items such as berries & eggs, so I assure you this is not copied and pasted response. So I might have left some other things out I am sure. but you get the general idea

Just because you live out in the cold and only hunt whales

oh yeah.. 4 types of bears !!

I don't think you grasp OUR situation well enough to understand that we do not ONLY HUNT WHALES !!

Squirrels, fox(s), Owls, and so much more!

This sign sits right outside Arctic Pizza ! In Barrow alaska Top of the world !!

If I say, we can see the curvature of the earth up here, Many people have scoffed at the mere idea, and insisted I was whacko ! I do not know how to answser people like that, or that doubt anything I type here. but I got proof .. I cannot use my photograps as proof because photoshop is easily used to alter anything.. so I provide as evidence and proof the History Channel but not in reference to Alaska but in reference to the Utah Salt flats, it is so flat they said.. you can actually see the curvature of the earth.. wow,, how about that,, it is very OBVIOUS UP HERE. all ya gotta do is open your eyes !!

I forgot to add - wolves, wolverines, and other things you would not believe so I will leave that part out !!
    Last edited by Majik_Imaje; 04-01-2009 at 06:45 PM.

I guess my sarcasm just went right over your head. You obviously would hunt more then just whales if you're up there.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

exclusive member ( V I P ) tiGRAN=-2001's Avatar
    I am sure you are marketing for a good cause, the main problem is that most users here feel very cozy on the forums, and indirect posts feel like spam and are irritating.
    However, there is a bigger issue and I personally don't mind seeing repeat posts if it has the potential to make things better for some people.

The bottom line is, you can't be surprised you are bothering some people who might even have their own causes to fight for. If everybody tried to help some cause by promoting it on the forums we would have a bulletin board and not a photography forum.

Anyway, I still think the photos are enlightening, and the quality of the posts are good, so I don't mind it at all. You seem like a genuine person, and someone who has the balls to live in subhuman conditions. But don't undermine those who live in this world, just because we complain about things like no a/c in the car it doesn't mean we are worse people. We all adapt to the environment we live in. Finally, I think that going to the arctic was your choice, and that you felt like you needed it. It most likely gave you pleasure knowing that you could go to extreme limits to adapt to their conditions, and be the only white man there. I know living there can be life threatening but perhaps for you it was worth dying for.

Anyway, if you want to extend the invitation to me as well, I would love the challenge Maybe on my summer break! Will the locals allow me to take photos though? That would be amazing.

Best Regards!

Tigran

Arctic Man
    tiGRAN=2001 - I was sent to Point Hope (originally) as a forman electrican to wire two construction camps. I was supposed to go back to Anchorage and finish a huge Job I was forman on at the airport. I fell in love with the people, .. .. so different.. .. so happy .. .. ! The job finished, I quit the company and stayed.

Thousands of tourists arrive each year in Barrow, especially during the summer months of 24 hour pure blazing sunlight for 3 1/2 months. They all are loaded to the max with cameras.

Stories, stories, that is the #1 request from most people on all of the forums. Well you are all in for a treat today, I have two new stories of events that actually happened up here, out on the ice. (chuckle)

Ya just never know, what is going to happen out here. Last night we went out on the ice pack to check the trail we have been working on. We spotted polar bear tracks, in the snow, coming from Barrow - and headed out to the ice.

Unfortunately, we did not see this bear, the ice is a vast place and it is easy for a bear to hide.

The two whaling captains I am with are Eugene & Charles Brower, as we were checking out the polar bear tracks, One of the captains told the story, .. .. " it was an evening just like this, we came out to check the trail and we were near the lead opening,

At the edge of the water, a polar bear was standing up, looking down into the water, the polar bear turned and walked a couple of steps and bent over to pick up a big large piece of ice, He picked it up, and then decided to put it back down and grabbed a much larger piece of ice, a huge piece, he walked over to the edge of the ice and waited and watched, he dropped the ice into the water, then he jumped in, these two captains were astonished to see the polar bear climb back on the ice and pull a 10 foot beluga whale out of the water !!

If you want verfication of this true story, just write, to Eugene Brower in Barrow Alaska, He is the President of the Alaska Eskimo Whaling Commission, he is also a member of the board of the International Whaling Commission. And perhaps the most respected Whaling Captain in Barrow !

I hear these stories and I am amazed, just as you are, but one thing that amazed these two hunters when they saw this was the intelligent thinking, that took place by that animal, to obtain food !!

One of the great things about whaling, is the story telling. Bizarre events of all types are retold up here, with much laughter. These are such happy people, unlike any I have ever met any other place in my limited travels about the east coast, the west coast and all over Alaska.

The other humous story was told about a whaling captain in Point Hope, who was up here, whaling with Barrow Captains, he was wearing a jump suit from work, overalls, he had to go to the bathroom out on the ice not far from camp, Well these same two whaling captains, happend to come upon his private spot and saw him looking around, this way and that way, looking for something, they asked, what are you looking for, ??? He laughed and said. I was going to cover up, what I just did, but I can't find it or see it on the ground, they each broke into huge laughter, as they saw the 'steam' coming from the 'log' in his hood !!!