A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3] 100% swf - yet maintain aspect ratio?

Hybrid View

[CS3] 100% swf - yet maintain aspect ratio?

Look for the code to do this... www.viewzi.tv

The swf is set to 100% of the browser, yet when you resize the browser window the swf is not squished - but the aspect ratio of the video remains true. Using exactFit will cause the swf to fit exactly to the browser window, but when you resize the frame, the swf gets squished.

anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for the response. noScale just means my swf with maintain its pixel dimensions... this does not allow the user to RESIZE their browser and maintain the aspect ratio of the flv. As per the example, when you enlarge the browser window with what you are suggesting the swf just ends up floating in the middle of the window - not enlarging or shrinking with the aspect ratio maintained.

Any other thoughts?

Well Flash is going to keep its aspect ratio by default, but there may be gaps on the top or side depending on the shape of your movie and the shape of your browser window.

To get what you see on the link above, you use Stage.scaleMode="noScale", then you also write a Stage.onResize function, in which you put all your code to determine how things should resize when the browser is resized.

This is simlar to what I want to do except that I only want the background of my fla to resize, not the central mc (which must resize but maintain aspect ratio).
    Did you get this figured out?
    Thx in advance!
    Trust No1

This is simlar to what I want to do except that I only want the background of my fla to resize, not the central mc (which must resize but maintain aspect ratio).
    Did you get this figured out?
    Thx in advance!
    Trust No1

rdoyle720 allready gave you the answer. Look at .onResize in the liveDocs.
    For the background, if you give it Stage.width and Stage.height for both w/h, it'll fill up the window.
    gparis