A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swapping out masks

Swapping out masks

Hi,

I need to swap out masks in 3dfa. This would be user selectable from a list or prev/next type selection.
    I tried adding the slideshow function & placing the masks inside, however this wont work with vector masks, I can get it to work using bitmaps with transparency, however I'd rather use vector.

Anyone have any tips on how to show one user selected mask while hiding possibly dozen's of other masks?

Thank you.

If these maps are set and don't need to be changed while the movie is running, you might try having multiple paint objects in the mask, and make them visible/invisible to swap them. I've never done it, so I'm not sure if it will work.

Not in 3dfa preview but at least in flash9 export this works if paint objects are above of "to be masked" element. I tested with 3 different paint object and changed a mask runtime..

element ("red sky").mask = element ("Paint 4");

Thanks for the tips so far, but my project involves possibly dozens or hundreds of masks.

The nice feature of the slideshow function is that it displays one slide & hides ALL others.

With the above tips I would have to "hide" each mask I dont want to display, which would be tedious with a large amount of masks.

Has anyone sucessfully used a vector mask in the slideshow?

Thanks again fellas.

Is this a vector mask that will change at runtime, or hundreds of pre-made masks?