A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Bitmap too Vector

Bitmap too Vector

Hi

i hope i have posted in the correct area i'm looking for some help or a tutorial in how to change a bitmap/jpeg image into a vector which is a lot clearer.

i have Photoshop CS3 and also Flash 8 & Dreamweaver 8.

any advice or a tutorial would be great i want too be able too make various different bitmaps or jpegs into a vector graphic.i,m a complete newbie with flash more used too using photoshop.

Thanks in advance.

This is not the correct forum, but you can do it with Flash. Import your image, click on it and then go to Modify - Bitmap - Trace Bitmap. You need to play with those values to get it as close to the original.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Can someone/moderator move this too the correct place i need help in redrawing/line art whatever its called.

i don't want too simply trace the entire image in flash.....i want too redraw various parts of jpegs/images in vector format so when the image is expanded it doesn't become pixelated and i have a nice clear image instead of the poor quality jpeg.

Moved to design and graphics
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Quote Originally Posted by cancerinform
    Moved to design and graphics
    Thanks Hopefully someone will come along and let me know how too do it or point me in the direction of a tutorial.

thanks for moving to the correct area.

i'm looking for some help or a tutorial in how to change a bitmap/jpeg image into a vector which when expanded wont be all pixelated etc

i have Photoshop CS3 and also Adobe Flash CS3.

any advice or a tutorial would be great i want too be able too make various different bitmaps or jpegs into a vector graphic.i,m a complete newbie with flash more used too using photoshop.

i basically want to have my image imported into flash and totally re-draw it (line-art) i think its called can anyone help i would prefer a tutorial as i have several images/logos i need to convert.

Thanks in advance.

Ok i figured out how to re-draw any image shape using the line tool and get them into the shape i want with my original image locked my line art is an exact replica of my original on a different layer.yet i cant get it too fill with colour i have tried the fill small gaps medium gaps large gaps and it still doesn't fill....i have checked my line art and i cant see any gaps in it.

Can anyone help.

Student
    you can use the built in flash tracer which will try to vectorize the bitmap to a vector. its somewhere near- transform > bitmap > trace bitmap (search in the menus)
    This tool used to be free (it is still but with some limitations though):
    http://vectormagic.com/
    other decent solutions (automatic) are: Corel Trace. Illustrator´s method is crap imo.

if you have the time hand reconstructing the graphic usually turns into better results but takes time.

Nothing beats doing it by hand imo
    http://code.mneilsworld.com/
    Text Effects | Bubbles | Dynamic Resize
    4 weeks , 20 papers ... thats 2 dollars .....Caassshhh!

i,m doing the line art in flash cs3 i,m having trouble filling the line art with colour when i have drawn all my outer line and checked for gaps i just cant get it too fill with any colour,and i have tried the fill small gaps etc etc.unless i,m doing something wrong i have my original image locked and my line art on a seperate layer yet i cant get it too fill.

Student
    click on the "outline mode" icon (the color square icon) on the layer- its propably because the shape isn´t closed- also if you have still dificulties try to devide it into smaler fill parts to find faster the opening you propably missed somewhere