A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Novice Tutorial

Novice Tutorial

Is there a tutorial for novice, to learn 3DFA?

Maybe one to step thru creating some basic movies.

Thanks,

I did one quick "show & hide" video example some time ago.. http://www.websaitti.com/test/flash/3dfa_tutorial_1.htm

I teach a high school animation class and have done several 3dfa tutorials (about 5). 3dfa is making such broad changes that each revision breaks my previous tutorials. My class has become pretty frustrated with 3dfa.

I (and others) have requested ASCII or HTML text copies of the 3dfa help dialogs and it was refused. This has prevented me from creating a small reference manual for my kids. One of my reasons for purchasing 3dfa was to provide a low cost development environment for my students.

The polarized help is rather interesting. I have received above average assistance from this forum but the necessary formal documentation (or support for someone willing to open source some) is conspicuously missing. The lack of documentation and support for customers wishing to help has been expressed for several years in this forum. 3dfa's customer support certainly is biting the hand that feeds them!

It has been interesting to see a company do so many things right but eventually shoot themselves in the head over this lingering issue. I certainly do not recommend 3dfa to any of the 800 kids in our school! I do not even recommend students attempt to use the free version anymore. I am in the process of justifying purchase to another vendor hopefully in my budget two years from now.

Here are some of the tutorials, I have several others that have not been posted yet...
    www.dev-flash.neatinfo.com/html/3dfa/3dfa-tutors
    Please note that my ISP has notified me that they are relocating my server from Timbuktu? to Columbus, OH over this weekend and my site may be down for up to 48 hrs...
    Last edited by jwzumwalt; 03-29-2008 at 03:23 AM.
    Jan Zumwalt - http://www.flash.neatinfo.com

hmmmm, interesting

hi there...i need a help...I hav two buttons btn1 and btn2 and a text box as text_box...I need a actionscript where u need to click the first button and the second button to appear a word at the text box...u MUST click the first button and the second button i order the word to apper at the text box....i hope u can help me with the actionscript....thanks alot....

try something to verify that the first button was clicked, a boolen var for example:

var wasClicked:Boolean = false;

In first button:
    root.wasClicked = true;

In second button:
    if (root.wasClicked == true) {
    root.text_box = "The word";
    }
    []'s
    leocavalcante.com

hi leo...firstly thanks alot for helping me...but there is an error...do u know any action script that can be addded to the maintimeline all together..because i am using the same action script for other buttons too..It would be great if u can help..thanks alot..

so you'll need to set a variable name for buttons:

When Movie Starts:
    var wasClicked:Boolean = false;
    var first_btn = element("First button");
    var second_btn = element("Second button")

On every frame:
    first_btn.onPress = function() {
    root.wasClicked = true;
    }

second_btn.onPress = function() {
    if (root.wasClicked == true) {
    root.text_box = "The word";
    }
    }

works only when export.
    []'s
    leocavalcante.com