A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Opportunity] GameJacket - $1000 and ad revenue for your Flash games

Banned

[Opportunity] GameJacket - $1000 and ad revenue for your Flash games

Hi guys,

I am new here, so I hope thats cool. I was wondering you if guys heard of GameJacket? It's a really exciting service for developers who work with or can compile their games in Flash.

The basic concept is that they wrap your Flash game in a 'GameJacket' and that streams dynamic ads into your game, but only while it loads. Then the flash file becomes like a youtube video that bloggers can spread around the net like wild fire, the more people that play it, the more money you get. Simple as that really. The ad share is 50/50 so it's a really good deal compared to other places. We're
    still in public beta so it's we're looking for games to test our system all the time.

To make that clear we're offering developers $1000 if they release the game exclusively through GameJacket so you can start earning straight away. As well as this you can watch the stats on your game from in our site in real time, so you can sit back and watch the dollars role in as your game goes viral! We never take the rights to the game - it always remains yours.

Our most exciting feature is what we call 'version control' which allows you stream updates instantly to your game wherever it is on the net. It turns all of those embedded flash files as your own personal Games platform and every single one will be updated no matter where it is!

You can stream new levels, new scenarios, fix bugs, add characters, you can add anytyhing you want! It's all about you guys getting creative and using the version control technology to your advantage. There are obvious benefits for beta testing, since you could release a beta, get traffic, revenue and feedback then update the game whilst holding on to that original viral traffic you generated.

Anyways, this is what the "Jacket" with the game inside it looks like.

http://gamejacket.com/gamejacket.asp?gjid=00082

And the beta sign up is here:

http://gamejacket.com/developer.asp

I'd love some feedback on what we're doing and if there is any way we can improve our service.

phil.harper@gamejacket.com

Phil

This is almost spam/ad thread but I will let it through because it is about Flash games.

trashtalkthedollar.com
    I don't understand how this works... how would you guys control the content uploaded to a site like newgrounds or addicting games?

Once its placed on their servers, how does your "GameJacket" access these? Btw... the swf is not the "source file"... that would be the fla. You would liken a swf more to an executable than a "source file"

I'm sorry if I come off a bit rude, it's not intentional... I'm just very skeptical of this whole concept. It sounds a bit fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Viza
    Use all of renders ideas, and the game could be kickass

I guess you upload your swf to their (GameJackets) server and you receive a swf which loads your game from their server.

Then you spread that loader swf to Newgrounds, Kongregate etc.

Nonoba uses a similiar concept.

trashtalkthedollar.com
    Ahhh - now that you mention that, it makes sense ... I guess I'm just sleep deprived ~_~

Quote Originally Posted by Viza
    Use all of renders ideas, and the game could be kickass

Seems like mochiads have competition, and thats good for everyone.Pitty this post was almost considered spam

Will moderate for beer
    I like the concept, but at first glance it doesn't seem to have much that really distinguishes it from the other options out there. I'll definitely keep it in mind though.

Looks like you still have a few bugs to iron out. I got an error 2029 (something about a urlstream not having open connection) when I went to the demo link.

Error: Error #2029: This URLStream object does not have a stream opened.
    at flash.net::URLStream/close()
    at flash.net::URLLoader/close()
    at ManageAdvert/haltLoading()
    at ManageAdvert/timerHandler()
    at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
    at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

crossconscious
    This could be cool if you can attract enough advertisers. The versioning idea is pretty cool. I thought of doing that with my games myself, but never could be bothered to use my bandwidth for this.

I agree with tonypa though, the tone of the post reminded me of spam at first.

$1000 isn't really that much for some games, but a lot of money for some others. Maybe you should let the price depend on the type of game?

If I can come up with a game that doesn't take too much time to develop, I might give this a go.

Anybody who checked out my Chimbo thread recently would have seen GameJacket in action.

It is a really nice system, and the guys there are helpful in getting things up and running.

Squize.

Is it same as mochiads. If different How it is different?
    <signature removed by admin>

Heh. I knew that post would get some flack. It sounds a bit too "markety". As if speaking to Flash authors who have NEVER heard of such a service. ("Ads in Flash games?!?!? OMGNOWAY!!!"). Also spelled "roll" wrong, but whatever. ;-D

I'm curious about "streaming in content" too. Technically, if we were to host our SWF on our own server and allow hotlinking, then we already have this capability. Is this "feature" available with hosting being on GAMEKJACKET's server?? That's what would make it different.

PS: Why is he banned? How is he supposed to answer questions and post non-spammy replies with a banned account?