A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Help, What aspects of Flash are a priority to learn?

[F8] Help, What aspects of Flash are a priority to learn?

I'm an amateur FLash guy who has been self-taught by way of Flash books over the last few months. I recently completed a class at the local design college as well. I'm looking to make a career change and hopefully make a move towards becoming a Flash Developer/Designer however I have no 'Flash-Friends' to help me out with simple questions. Can anyone suggest what would be the best way to go about teaching myself/learning Flash so I could set myself up for hopefully a career? If it's any help, I already have a thorough understanding of the program itself, tweening, etc, etc, all the basic stuff plus a decent understanding of basic AS 2.0.

Any suggestions or advice would be hugely appreciated...

flashmo.com
    Try to grab all basic stuffs like behaviors of time line, library, actions, and movie clips. Then, learn by self-practicing and looking at other's codes.

mgminthu,

thanks for your response. i've got a very good understanding of the things you mention however, i feel like i'm at a standstill as far as practicing. i try and make fake sites and fake banners all the time but i feel like i'm not getting anywhere. if I hope to apply for a job someday working in Flash, what kinds of things do you think it would be good to have in a portfolio?

thanks again for the feedback