A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: APOKA - update

APOKA - update

Hi

I have been working on an update for my site and I'd like some feedback on some key features which are :
    - Resize : The website is ment to reveal itself as you make the browser window bigger.
    -Keyboard control navigation for the portfolio section : Left-right to change picture and up-down to change category
    -"Drag point" Button to access to hidden part of the site.
    +There are a lot of small hidden options and features so play around

All other comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your help.

Edouard
    http://www.apoka.com

This is really well done. You have a very defined style and it's made apparent throughout your work. Good stuff.

Just great stuff. Excellent art, use of depth of field, navigation isn't too goofy. I'm jealous!
    Code:
    if(dreams&&hard_work&&sacrifice) {
    prosperity++;
    wisdom++;
    $++;
    }

Hey! I remember bookmarking your old site like 3 years ago cause I liked it... This is definitely the best site I've seen posted from a member on here. Nothing I really don't like about it. It's got a lot going on which is eye catching, but it's not too cluttered. The animations and transitions are very smooth and clean, the 3d image effect is nice.

I do like the "drag point".. very cool! Though.. it's not very functional.. not too smooth/easy to use. Maybe instead of drag "points" if you click and drag anywhere that's not a button that would be a lot nicer/easier to do.. kinda like a pdf, just doesn't have to be an actual 'button'.

I really like your style of art. very cool.

Hey if you don't mind.. check out my site and give me some criticism \/

Well thanks for all the positive comments. It's nice to know that people appreciate your work:-)

I see what you mean brent for the drag point. That's in fact how it was in the beginning but since some parts are actually clickable I had to use special drag buttons so that you can understand that there are buttons for dragging and other ones for other stuff.

Awesome work..... as always!!
    I've always really admired your style... I like how you keep coming up with new innovative ways to go about a website. Drag Point is really entertaining, and the rest of the site is beautiful too (really nice sketches, by the way!) I remember a really old version of Apoka and how there were little creatures you had to find on various pages... always entertaining :P
    Just saw Puzzle Road for the first time, cool concept!
    Overall... excellent job, you've got plenty of talent!

Thank you e-tahn. That's very nice to hear !

I like your work fast clean & fun.

Cool,

Might want to fix up that signature freehand:-)