A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extricate vs. gerbick :: Stop, drop and roll...

See he pays attention to every detail even when he doesn't realize it. lol Kinda makes sense man but I will have to reread it 5 times to fully grasp its greatness (c:
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

Extricate - i think toy soldiers could blend abit better, maybe harden/sharpen edges up some what and play around with lights/darks. The room could use better lightings because it got greyish tone overall and makes the pic looks dull

gerbick ..just wanna add that, at the topmost, were u meant those 'splash' to be stars? or just texture. I think it works better if them to be stars and erase the part that went over the white clouds.

my image should be up sometime tonight. Thanks for the critique jujumon.

comments/crits welcome!

The shadows under the feet and paint can makes him seem as if he's floating. The colors on the mountains look like you used Hard Light or Vivid Light layer application modes... and it seems like they're not as vibrant nor sharp as they could have been. Upping the contrast and forcing your text to pop out would have been to your advantage.

The masking on the spray on the water and the rocks could have been a bit tighter when it transitioned to the plains behind it. And be careful of matching light sources.

Your bridge/rocks show a high top left light (11 o'clock) and the light on the guy is showing a top right (almost 1 o'clock) type of shadow. And the fade to the mountains and the scale across the three main items (mountains, bridge/water and plains) are conflicting a bit. I know it's more than likely intentional, but it's not consistent.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I agree Gerbick about the shadowing under the can and feet seeing that you have gave me advised about that in the past. Perhaps pulling the shadow away from the guy and the can would have done better I idea as cool but the colors Im not so much feeling on the mountains. Im not sure of the bridge or where you were going with it. but I know you have the talent cause that first image was nice.
    "What do you call a mouse's Shadow in the second moon?"

eh well i thought the idea of a giant putting grafitti on a mountain would be a interesting concept to pull off, but i guess it didnt go over as well as i would have liked. Maybe the colors could have been a bit brighter, i could see that. I used duplicates of the original with various masks and blending modes, as well as adjusting the curves to give it the feel that the grafitti has been there a while. And with the shadows, and the lighting, I can see where you are coming from. I guess that was the last thing on my mind at the time.

* i wasnt done with my reply! Anyways. I was thinking about putting a mob of little people going after the giant on the bridge, and I just wanted to add to the scenery with the rocks/water. It would have been to bland without it IMO.

Extricate, I'll have my image up tomorrow night. I'm still knee-deep in a snag in code on a project that's been rushed through.

i will have an image up at the end of monday. been crazy busy with work.

Take your time... my work schedule has been insane as well.

Israel - A small country with a big heart
    Gerbick its an amasing work!!.
    A Great composition!
    Keep it going guys!!

hey RBS, this battle is 3 months old....i doubt this battle is coming back (sadly)

Israel - A small country with a big heart
    Well, it is too bad, i liked it....