A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Newbie question 3

Newbie question 3

In the waddle fox demo there are several events labeled things like back fox, front fox etc. What is this event and how can I reproduce it in my files? I cannot find any selection that will give me this event.
    Last edited by richinri; 04-11-2008 at 04:41 AM.

AKA [ Paul Bainbridge] webdreamer's Avatar
    sorry bud i have no idea what your talking about.
    Much like your post title.
    Check out this blog post on how to make sure you dont get help on the dev forums.
    .: To me AS is like LEGO, Only for the big Kids :.
    - Site - Blog - Twitter - Linkedin
    bringmadeleinehome.com

Question on the demo file called Waddle Fox

1. There is a program called 3d Flash animator
    2. This program has a sample file called "Waddle Fox" listed under the samples menu.
    3. This sample [when opened] has a series of events listed such as "back fox", "front fox" etc.
    4. How do I reproduce that kind of event in my flash movies? There is no option that I can find that will give me that kind of event.

Ah sorry bud i have never used that app.
    The only reason i posted was because of your poor post title.
    Question on the demo file called Waddle Fox
    would have been a more appropriate title and i would have stayed clear as i dont know the software.
    bringmadeleinehome.com

Webdreamer- if you don't understand a post, then just don't reply and don't pollute this forum.

To get started with Waddle Fox, click the 'open' button next to where it says "fox", this will show you the fox graphic with all its components- click on them, like 'hind back leg' to see where each one is. Next, close that window, select some of the events, like 'back fox' and click the green light, which will show the position of that animation step. Just keep playing around with it and you'll get the idea. Once you understand the pieces you can make your own.

Webdreamer- if you don't understand a post, then just don't reply and don't pollute this forum.
    Meow
    bringmadeleinehome.com

thanks Sparky - but my confusion is...

I had already gotten what you said to do, thanks. What I can't understand is that event 'back fox' and others like it - how are those events created? I open them up and there is only attributes listed. I try to add a similar event and none of the events match those like 'back fox'.
    I have worked with 2 other programs and am very frustrated trying to figure out how this animation is done. I think the key is in my understanding how the events like 'back fox' were created. I hope I am being clear in my question. I have spent HOURS trying to figure this out and am embarrassed I can't do it. [I have programmed with Swishmax for years] Thanks in advance.

I see what you mean, I think that Event has been removed in the new version.
    I think you can use the "Animate effects" and in there the "Morph to" effect insteat.
    sorry for my bad school English
    btw. visit my Page: projects.lewxx.de
    or lewxx.de (<= German)

This title is so vague, it is not helpful as a resource for others.

Kind regards,

R.

thanks Sparky

Thanks Sparky for clearing that up. But unfortunately I still can't figure out how to do this animation. This program has been out for a few years now. Hasn't anyone put together a better help file or step by step tutorials for this program? Frankly I would have paid double for a program that has good tutorials.
    And to those that keep wanting "helpful thread titles" - How about writing some helpful tutorials for the program?

u still do it the same way. The events called "back fox" etc... are actually move to events. They just re named them from move to, to what ever it is that that particular event does, i.e. "back fox".

Zoranan