A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: start stop movie

start stop movie

Hi people!
    I am developing a flash version of my site to both modernize and promote some of the new stuff ive been up to lately.

One of these things is the french subtitles for the film flatland the movie.
    So what do i do..... a little advertising for the fact!
    In doing so i decided to put online the same demo (sent to me by them) and then add the correct subs through 3dfa(easier than re editing the DVD). I have'nt got that far yet as the video display is'nt quite doing as i want. For some reason i need to hit the play button twice. Through process of elimination i have removed, replaced and changed everything i can possibly think off and it either stops working or always needs the play button to be hit twice.

If you have an idea, and the time to check this out:

In my demo section you can see what i mean by following these simple instruction to get there if you don't read French.

1) Follow this link
    http://www.intermedia-services.fr/demos/ims/ims.html

2) Hit the TOP LEFT HAND "Flatland" image link that appears on the main screen (1 of 4 images) not the right thats something completely different.

3) Wait untill the new screen shows and you see the 6 white "button" shapes appear at the bottom "Hit the octagon" to the far right "Bande Annonce" (french for trailer or teaser)

4) Excepter the close button (which is evident) all the video control buttons that show are in English from here on.

I hope you have an idea from what you see as i can't send the movie, more like, i can't send the trailer of the Film with the movie!

Thanks in advance

lapse of concentration

I forgot to mention that:
    You need to hit the play button twice before the stop button works

Hi again,
    Not wanting to bump the subject, just hoping that amongst the people that have seen the post, that someone has any idea how to help me.

thanks in advance

Resolved

Just thought i'd let you know anyway that i have found a work around.
    The display is a lot simpler, but works!
    The only problem is getting the trailer to start from the begining when stopped

It's great that you got it working. I'm sorry none of us forum members could not help you with that but it is very hard to "debug" just flash application without seeing all code and stuff.. Anyway, what was the bug and cure for that??

Yeah i can understand the lack of help through my lack of code.
    I was'nt told that i could'nt forward the trailer and those of you that visited my link and with a little know how would have found the video themselves, i just wanted to respect their trust in me.

The problem was that no matter how i tried to have the video as a child element/movie i could'nt get the damn thing to work correctly.
    I am sure it was a problem with to many starts and stop until played and eventually confusing me to a point that i could'nt see or think straight anymore.
    It actually took me 2 whole weeks of playing around untill........
    i decided to remove the "movie" containing the video and place the video within the main movie (same thing for close button and text). 5 minutes later except a couple of "my" bugs it was working. I still want the video to reset to the begining, but can live with it as is. I have to much to do on the rest of the site to worry about that for the moment.
    I am just happy that the damn thing works at last.

Sorry if my reply is a little weird (i will check again for a laugh tomorrow) as i have just come online after a family get together. The beer is talking this evening.