A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Lost RPG: It's back again

Lost RPG: It's back again

Been a while since I last made a post on this topic, but it's been long enough I figured it was safe to make an update post.

I finally took the next step on this project and now we have a playable game.

Lost ~ World of Warcraft: Broken Allegiance..... (is it to soon for flash remakes?)

We have a starting area, we have quests, we have loot, exp, and death, we have a true beta release.

I encourage anyone with the time to download it to check it out. You will not be let down.

If you don't have time, or don't care to download it, at least go check out my posts, maybie the information will intise you to play it after all.

you can learn all you want about the game here, as well as download it and ENJOY!

http://www.truimagz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

yes it's 100% Flash

Sorry for not posting all of the things listed at the above link here in this post, but it's alot of info, and I don't see the need to clutter this thread if it's already on the net just a click away.

As always I am open for any suggestions, comments or feedback.

*Note: Please remmember this is not for sponsorship, please do not petition me for any types of add space, this is simply Fan Appreciation. (just more extravagant than a youtube video)
    Last edited by everfornever; 04-20-2008 at 01:20 AM.

That seriously owns to the fullest.

I'm truely amazed.

It's true..I brought sexy back smith1302's Avatar
    Wow! That is very very nice. This game has come a very long way. I feel like im actually playing WOW.

I'm so bad at the game though, I can't even manage to kill anyone =[
    Hey check out my arcade sites!
    Ninja Games | WW2 Games

Hey thanks Jake! and anyone else that has tried it out.

There were some bug reports by other players, and they have been fixed.

You can read about them and also download a smaller sized "patch" to your current version here.

http://www.truimagz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31

Or donwload a new "complete" version here

http://www.truimagz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30

Thanks again, I will be updating the game with new maps and quests soon!

Junior Senior
    Hey, either this is a bug or I am terribly stupid.

I can't access the ability tree, inventory or anything of the sort, quest givers go through their animation and sound effect, but no text comes up at all. Am I missing something?

This is with a 1.2 download, not a patched 1.1

looks great from the little I CAN see though =)

edit: looks like it didn't unzip properly for some reason, working fine now. fantastic stuff.
    Last edited by slight; 04-20-2008 at 04:34 PM.
    Signature

Hey thanks Slight! Glad it worked out for ya.

I have postd this on many forums I am a member of and everyone has been very helpful so far in pointing out any bugs, as bfore i go heavy into map and quest making i want to make sure the fundementals are wokring well.

But my point is to check the Patch area often if you notice a bug, there may be a patch to fix it.

Anyways... Cheers! and thanks for trying ym game and giving me feedback.

_alot_ nicer than before. However I wish the windows were all draggable, it annoyed me that I couldn't move them about easily. The collision is nice but you need a decoration layer above the play (I.e, trees in the foreground which I can go beneath) because at the moment every object seems like a hit, it would be nice if I could move under the edges of trees. Just add a layer of a higher depth above the current game and give it a slight drop shadow. Final thing, whenever I reopened the attack pane thingy all my attacks cleared at the bottom (don't know if that's intentional).
    Apart from that this is a massive improvement, i'd definatly play this once there is a bit more added to it.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Any plans to make this multi-player?

It's odd. The 1.4 package was corrupt both times I downloaded it. Also, the downloads are painfully slow after the first 20%. The speed drops to 10kbps. Any chance you could give us a download mirror? I'm trying to get 1.3 now, but I doubt it'll complete.

From the screenshots, the game looks great.
    GetLives Arcade: Play games, nothing else.
    This site is nothing but Flash-powered games. If you're bored, try a few of them.

Why not release it on the net if it's fully made in Flash? Having to download something turns most people away from it

fjgamer ~

Odd that would happen to you, I have not experienced any corruption on my downloads or heard of any others experiencing this issue.

As to the download speeds, the game is on a dedicated IP, with about the fastest speed available. takes about 8 minutes to download the whole game, You may have experienced slow downloads because you were attempting to download it when several others were, thousands of people view these forums on a daily basis and thought could be the cause, however I don't predict this being an issue as the game gets less "Instant" exposure.

hatu ~

It is being created as a standalone .exe application, although Flash, and java and others are available on the net, I dont want to deal with browser issues, or lag from such browsers. And prefer it to be a desktop application.

Tons of new update, save game feature, a main menu screen, and the goblin blacksmith now buys your stuff too!

Lots more, but thats a glimpse, new maps coming soon too, go get VER 1.5 and test the hell out of it, now you can save your game maybie you'll get alot of cool stuff.

Future updates should only be small patches. Like new maps and monsters/npc's.

I'm getting the full download in less than 4 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by hatu
    Why not release it on the net if it's fully made in Flash? Having to download something turns most people away from it
    Good luck finding someone that will wait 30+ minutes for the page to load.
    It's much easier to download.

Very well done btw, it's very cool.

Good luck finding someone that will wait 30+ minutes for the page to load.
    Yes and among my other reasons above, webpage delivery is just not an option.

Thank you for your comment FohpreF1, I'm glad you liked it, still going through alot of bug testing, but i beleive I got them all now... that being said everytime i do something new theres a chance for a bug.

But with the help of you guys and other forums members I believe I've squished enough and now moving on to creating more content.

So check back often at the games forum to see the new stuff soon as it's added.

~Cheers!

Some good updates have been made.

And some new content added

http://www.truimagz.com/forum/viewfo...84df9af510a8ed