A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fi says adios to Flash

Yeah. Here's more from Adobe:

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pres...diaSearch.html

It will be interesting to see what other reasons standards developers come up with for why nobody should use flash.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

So I wonder if these new flashplayer additions will have an api. At least we could take the final step ourselves and ensure the correct content is visible and/or invisible.

From the way they describe it, it doesn't sound like any API or adjustments are needed.

But, you have to wonder how that is possible given that there are so many unique ways to trigger dynamic content to be loaded. How can it parse a swf and automatically spider all user interaction to see what content comes in? Perhaps it tracks user behavior that goes to the site from a Google search?

Yes.

I'm meaning more in regard to the algorithm they are using to automatically simulate user interaction. For example, I'm sure it can easily find buttons placed on the stage. I'm sure it can find normal buttons. But, does it find all onRelease functions? What if those onRelease functions require other conditions to work like fields being populated or other selections being made first, etc.? What about content like text blurbs that show up on roll over? On slide? On drag and drop?

I'm just wondering how far they've taken this algorithm.

Also, they say that they index loaded html and xml separately. But, how is that going to work? If it's indexed separate from the swf that normally loads it, where does the Google search result for that xml point to? Directly to the xml?