A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Making and image bigger

Making and image bigger

ok.. I assume this is a newbie question

I want to make an image bigger within a few frames. I figure it would be a tween effect, but that's the best I can think of, and even if I'm right, I have no idea how to apply it. Help?

trace("AKA: Biro Barna");
    your scaleY and scaleX to scale your image or simply use the height and width property... scaling would be much better because you can keep the correct proportions of the image. You could apply a scale tween to make it animated or whatever method you like.

| Windows MSN: birobarna [at] hotmail [dot] com | Skype: barna.biro |
    WebLog: http://blog.wisebisoft.com/ |
    | Software Developer / Flash & Flex Developer | Student ( Computer Science ) | Interested in: Sharing Knowledge |
    |
    Romanian Adobe Flash, Flex, AIR Forum: http://www.flashforum.ro/
    | By perseverance the snail reached the ark. |

insert your image onto the stage(frame 1), click on image and convert to symbol(press f8) movieclip is the default, select ok.

Select say frame 30, and convert to keyframe (press f6), then go back to and click on frame 1, select the free transform tool and resize the image(make smaller), click anywhere on the timeline (between 1 and 30) and right click, and select create motion tween. Select frame 1, press enter, the image should increase in size as the playhead goes from left to right. I hope this helps. coatesman

oooooooh ok.. I think the problem was that I wasn't making it a movieclip... do tweens only work if applied to a movie clip?

they only work for symbols... graphics will work aswell for tweens, and a button may work for a tween but i don't see why you would want to tween a button.