A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3] Help with buttons...

Hybrid View

[CS3] Help with buttons...

I am completely new to flash. EVERYTHING baffles me. Even the simplest things
    So I was wondering...lately I've been working on buttons, and expirementing what I can do with them. I wanted to do one where you click it, and another button pops out. then you click that one, another comes out...etc.
    Does anyone know how to do this???

Thanks,
    FlashPenguin329

er... could you be a little bit more specific? what do you mean by pop out, where do you want them to pop out... etc.

specifics...specifics...flash is confusing

Well, I guess the second button would just appear somewhere else. When you clicked that button, another would appear...
    The problem I'm having is I have to hold a button down to see the animation, text, etc. I want to click it and it just shows the text, animation, etc.

does this make much sense? I'm trying to explain it as simple as possible.

well, you could always use gotoAndPlay(9) and send the playhead to another frame (in this case, frame 9), where you play the animation, and have another button appear. use stop() whenever you want the movie to stop playing, and use play(), when, of course, you want it to play.

I'm not familiar with button events in CS3 (responding to the click of a button for example), so you'll have to get someone else to help you with that, or look up tutorials online. I'm sure there are many.

good luck