A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Loading and HTML as a movie clip??? - Not sure how to explain it...

resolved [RESOLVED] Loading and HTML as a movie clip??? - Not sure how to explain it...

Hi All,

First off, I want to thank you all for all of your prompt and effective suggestions to my previous question.

Today I have another one:

I have a project which entails a box in the middle of an existing website. The box will be 480 X 480 pixels in total. However, the box will consist of 2 parts (which could also be frames). The first part (top) will be 480 X 100 and the bottom part will be 480 X 380. I need the top part (or frame) to call an html that has changing images (the html will fit into the same top dimensions 480 X 100). I also need the bottom part to call a seperate html that will also have different changing images and/or text (which is being called via javascript). I have URLs for both html pages which are being called from the company server.

My questions are:

Can this be done as frames in flash and if so how?

Also, I've tried getURL in the actionscript of the flash file (which I called topPanel.fla) but when I published to both SWF and HTML - the html didn't work, but the swf only worked by opening a new window and playing for only 5 seconds (the amount of frames that I had designated).

The deal is this: I need to have the htmls for top panel and bottom panel show continuously... I don't know how to do any of this - (I am such a newbie, it's not funny). Realistically, I can't put an eternal amount of frames in the .fla.

How can I get the htmls to load into each frame when the page is visited and to have it keep playing whatever changes that the top and bottom panels are calling). Am I making sense??? If not, just let me know - I'll be happy to explain further.

Thanks in advance.

AC
    Last edited by anna_2010; 05-12-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Moved from the News Forum to a more appropriate place. In the future, please pay attention to where you post your question if you want it answered.

And per the rules, please post it only once.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I'll do my best, gerbick...

In the meantime, it'd be nice if one didn't have to wait 10 whole minutes for a page to appear when you click on a link or refresh.

That may help, just a little, in diffusing the frustration of having a technical problem AND a navigation problem - which leads to these kind of mistakes.

Have a good one.