A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [help] internal swf link?

[help] internal swf link?

Hi. Im sure there is a way to this. Im just not sure how. And its causing me to have a huge headache! ha ha ha

I have a flash document with thumbnails in and I have AS on each of these thumbnails. They are each buttons.

So when you click on one of these buttons a swf will load into this empty MC. Its something like this.

on (release) {
    _root.body_all.body_pants = "shorts_yellow";
    _root.exampleBottoms.loadMovie("yellowshorts.swf") ;
    //Unload Dresses
    _root.exampleDress.unloadMovie("blacktubedress.swf ");
    }

I want to know if you can use this in a different way so that the swf isn't loading externally, but maybe there is some sort of linkage within the library or inside the document? Hope this makes sense?

The reason I'm asking is cause at the moment some of these swf's are taking too long to load on the server. Is there someway of making them load quicker or something?

Thanks so much!!

If you use linkage and attachMovie(), it will be instantaneous. But your main swf will take longer to load. One way or the other, you will need to load these images. Optimize them in Photoshop (save for web) if they are raster images, or use vector images which should weigh less if there aren't too detailled.

gparis