A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help in creating a script rotating a ball

Help in creating a script rotating a ball

Hello guys and gals.. I need your guidance again!

I have this ball, divided in 4 that is going to be rotating to the next point (as an X, Y axis) every 10 seconds. But also is going to have 2 arrows so the client can go back and forward to see the info displayed in each of the 4 parts of the ball.

I dont know how to setup the ball so it can go the previous 10 frames back let me say BUT PLAYING THE MOVIECLIP ALONG THE WAY. So if the motion tween of the ball going forward, is going to be backward until it reaches the frame selected. I heard something about _prev but I dont know how to implement it.

Please help..This is an image of the ball so you guys can have an idea of what am I talking about...

Thank you all for your help...

i have no idea what you're trying to do .. and you dont say which version of flash your are using.

try prevFrame(); it moves back 1 frame.

The ball is going to rotate to the right, stops into a new copy stays steady for 10 seconds and rotate againg always to the right. As you can see, 2 arrows are going to be displayed at the ball corners, so the clients can click them to go back the previous content or move forward. How can I do that?

you can use the Tween class for smooth rotation movement. You will be altering the _rotation property. For the delay use setInterval(). More info on the class and setInterval() in the liveDocs (link in my footer)

gparis