A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Open Source Flash Message Board

Open Source Flash Message Board

Hey y'all, this is my first post here, and I'm a major flash newb... but I was wondering if anyone is working on an open source flash forum / message board.

I read a fair amount of forums on various topics on the web, and the most frustrating thing about them is having to navigate from page to page every time you want to do anything (like searching, posting, etc.). I use internet radio sites occasionally and pandora.com is what gave me the inspiration for this.

Would a flash forum be feasible? I am considering tackling an open source flash message board project, but I have very little flash experience so I realize it will take some serious time/dedication. What do y'all think? (about the idea, not about the chances of me being able to pull it off)

I'm working on another project right now, but I'll probably try to start on this when I'm done with what I'm working on now. Let me know if any of you want to get in on it.

http://www.flash-db.com was a flash based forum, from what I remember.

I'm just not sure of the advantages therein. I'm sure I've seen some Flex based attempts as well.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]