A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Template

New Template

Here's a template I just did for a friend of mine who makes music... he wanted it to be pretty scattered and a little creepy... and this is what I came up with... any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

it's hard to read any of the text especially the navigation up top (bio, etc)
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Hi, I quite like it, could be tighter...

The blood splatters are quite fuzzy, also as mentioned by J-Luv the navigation is very weak, maybe do them as if they had been drawn over, over and over again so they are bold and more prominent.

love the doodles, the cigarette looks added on and not real, tempted to bin that off, you need to get the elements to work with each other, coffee stains and doodles (they need the same depth)

apart from that looks good, well worth continuing, like to see how it finally looks

D

trace("AKA: Biro Barna");
    I agree with J-Luv, not liking it that much.

| Windows MSN: birobarna [at] hotmail [dot] com | Skype: barna.biro |
    WebLog: http://blog.wisebisoft.com/ |
    | Software Developer / Flash & Flex Developer | Student ( Computer Science ) | Interested in: Sharing Knowledge |
    |
    Romanian Adobe Flash, Flex, AIR Forum: http://www.flashforum.ro/
    | By perseverance the snail reached the ark. |

appreciate the feedback... I'm not too worried about the text to be honest because the idea of the site is that it's supposed to be pretty scattered.. I did bold them a little more though...

as for the blood spatter... I was trying to make it look like the blood had soaked into the paper as opposed to just sitting right on top of it... guess it didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped...

as for the cigarette.. what could I do to make it seem more fitting?