A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Newbie Easy Question

Hey,

I'm doing a flash movie and although I know one component that I want in it, I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to do it, even though it doesn't seem very hard, which it probably isn't. What I want is text to appear small in the top of the page but as it comes down, it gradually gets bigger and maybe around the midpoint it kinda goes straight into the camera, thus still getting bigger. That is basically what I want but in a nutshell, how do I make text get gradually larger as it moves? Thanks a lot!

Smile I think this will work

What you need t do is make a motion tween. The first frame should be the small text and at the end of the tween, the keyframe should have the larger text. Move the timeline across the tween to see if it works.

Hi

you may want to try another way ( with respect to the advice given to you above)
    Start your text with the fonts size you want, and place it where you want it,create a motion tween, and on the last keyframe place the text where you want it to go, with the text selected go to: Window menu, inspectors,transform, scale the text to say 500% press "Apply" and your text should be 500% bigger when it gets to this point.
    (tip: if you start with a big font size you can reduce it with the sizing button to almost "Zilch")

with this function you can increase and reduce the text at any given keyframes....also experiment with the "Skew" and "Angle" features.

Tony

Thanks A Lot

Thanks a lot guys oh and squizzy, that worked pefectly! Thanks very much, I really appreaciate it!