A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: a music thread. What are you listening to?

a music thread. What are you listening to?

So, what are you guys listening to these days?

Right now, I have 3 albums on heavy rotation:
    Portishead: Third. Great great great album, the more I listen to it, the more I love it.

Chris Cornell: Carry On. his cover of Billie Jean is awesome.

Ludovico Einaudi: Divenire. I recently discovered this guy thanks to last.fm, and his music is great. It's instrumental, soundtrack like, but I love it.

How about you?
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Actually I'm also listening to Third. It got good on the third listen.
    I actually really need new stuff. The only source for good metal doesn't post here anymore.

I found a decent 80's station which was a nice change but that got old after a couple days.

nicolay - here
    ulrich schnauss - far away trains passing by
    al green - lay it down
    bun b - II trill

been listening to a lot of aggressive hip-hop - MOP for instance - and lounge (weird mix now that I mention it)... taking a break away from my typical dub and underground hip-hop for a while. al green's album has some of that 1960, I should have a drink in my hand type of vibe going on.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Futuistic Sex Robots
    MC Chris
    John Scofield
    Boards of Canada
    Marilyn Manson

I am very open to suggestions. I am getting tired of my playlist.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

adele, duffy, amy winehouse (all very similar)
    the strike boys
    chungking
    client
    bola

actually loads of stuff in my playlist at the moment.... i tend to make a huge playlist and have that on shuffle for about a week at work!

I just keep my entire mp3 folder on random. There are really cool transitions sometimes like from a bit of stand-up comedy into a Norwegian metal song.

Scarling / Jack Off Jill - All Albums (Jessicka is my hero)
    Placebo - Meds (or any Placebo album)
    Mindless Self Indulgence - Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy
    Any Ani Difranco album
    & just for a twist, I've been listening to Hit 'Em Up by Tupac about 6-7 times daily.
    1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino is a portal of Hell.

Serge Gainsbourg - Histoire de Melody Nelson (if you haven't heard this before, give it a go - it's one of those albums that creeps up on you and before you know it you're hooked)

Vaughan Williams - Fantasia on a theme of Thomas Tallis
    Vaughan Williams - Lark Ascending

I've been driving quite a bit recently from one end of the country to the other - Vaughan Williams is classic English countryside music.

Rodrigo y Gabriela - great summer music (not that we get a summer in the UK any more).

<3
    Mika
    Michael Jackson

haha

i've finally gotten into Portishead thanks to you people. I only have the live album, but it hasn't gotten old at all. I'll have to check out Third.

Surprisingly (and i've even surprised myself on this one), I've gotten into Papa Roach. Old stuff new stuff...yeah, i know some of you may scoff, but i'm really enjoying it.

Just got a couple albums by Skerik's Syncopated Taint Septet. One of the best sax players ever. Highly suggested if you're into Jazz.....

On the same note, Charlie Hunter Trio's Mystico is KILLER...just F'ing KILLER. Some of the best funk/jazz i've ever heard.

@Wannabe...what do you think of Scofield? He's not for everyone, and his music goes off on tangents quite often. I like his music, but i can't really take it for too long. He's playing at the rochester jazz fest this month (soulive and MMW will be here as well), I might check him out.

Wow- Scofield, Soulive, and MMW? If you don't go to that I will be going to your house and burning it down.

When I saw MMW for the first time 5 years ago Soulive opened for them along side DJ Logic and at the end they all came out and jammed together, it was amazing. I missed Scofield when John Medeski was touring with him alone and I was pretty pissed about that I bet that was amazing as well.

Definitely go. I guess the only thing I have to look forward to right now is possibly GEORGE CLINTON & PARLIAMENT FUNKADELIC and then GOGOL BORDELLO who I have never really heard before but the lady loves them.

But as far as what I think of Scofield I really like his style and I can see why he does a lot of collaborations with MMW. He has sorta the same feeling to his music as them but almost a smoother jazz side to it which I really dig. I think if anything MMW goes onto a lot more tangents then he does. Not so much on their cd's but live they go off A LOT.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 06-05-2008 at 09:07 AM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Thanks for the list Gerbs. Just checked out ulrich schnauss and listened to all their myspace stuff- really enjoyable listen. Listening to Nicolay now. Keep them coming I usually like all the stuff you list.

Today: LCD Sound System, Tim Dog, Hijack (the terrorist group) and 3rd Bass
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Also been listening to http://reggiewatts.com/ a lot these past 2 days. His songs are all so wild. I really like his "**** ****" song that makes fun of gangster music. A lot of his stuff is on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by swampy
    Today: LCD Sound System, Tim Dog, Hijack (the terrorist group) and 3rd Bass
    "Tim dooog, is my muthafk'n name."

doItLikeThis
    Glory Box - Portishead
    -Aditya

<3
    Portal

An absolutely horrific, immersing, intense Australian band. Cannot think of other Oz bands like this. Someone tagged them as "supreme mind***" and "infamous deep **** ****" which I am inclined to agree.
    Last edited by Saint Benedetta; 06-07-2008 at 02:27 AM.

The Stone Roses
    PWEI
    New Model Army

... and some mad thai music whilst sparring this morning
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

trace("AKA: Biro Barna");

| Windows MSN: birobarna [at] hotmail [dot] com | Skype: barna.biro |
    WebLog: http://blog.wisebisoft.com/ |
    | Software Developer / Flash & Flex Developer | Student ( Computer Science ) | Interested in: Sharing Knowledge |
    |
    Romanian Adobe Flash, Flex, AIR Forum: http://www.flashforum.ro/
    | By perseverance the snail reached the ark. |

What You Are - Audioslave