A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems with Simple FLV Playback

Problems with Simple FLV Playback

Hey guys,

What I've done is create a photo montage which includes FLV playback. It works fine while testing in FLASH & DW, however once I've uploaded the swf file onto the net the FLVplaybacks seem jerky and pretty much don't appear when they're supposed to.

I understand that because these .FLV files are sourced and not embedded, its probably something to do with my internet connection or lack of buffering???

Anyways, how can correct this problem and make the video in the montage smooth and in time.

Thanx heaps. I appreciate any help.

Anthony

I know nothing.
    What are you using to create the FLV player? It could be your hosting provider... do you have a link?

I've delt with similar issues myself, and it came down to processing speeds of the user PC.

Thanx man. I resorted to changing the dimensions of my flash movie and embedded the files instead and the preloader insured everything was loaded before being viewed. Embedding files, especially .MOV files, significantly increases the flash movie file though. Thanx again.

I know nothing.
    No problem. Best way to display video is through an streaming FLV player. That way visitors aren't waiting for everything to load.

Good luck!