A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Movie Thread

I wish I could see the unedited post. Well done argo, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly View Post
    so i guess i owe my renewed existence to argo...thanks buddy. I wasn't going to be around until that 'thing' was banned.

and for the record, i asked for the ban, it wasn't given to me.
    hey, look who's back! That avatar is quite appropriate
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

did anyone go see 9 yet?
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Interest to hear an opinion as well.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

reviews seem positive

one excerpt: "This isn't a film for smaller children, who might be frightened by the more diabolical elements (one creature, an doll-faced, insectoid monstrosity that traps the Stitchpunks within its cocoon-like body, is especially disturbing), although the steady pace of action sequences will keep older kids interested. Grown-ups with a taste for the macabre and an appreciation for the very best in current animation, however, won't be disappointed."

Not even sure if it's out here. Perhaps a mid-week showing if it is next week.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

i watched bag head last night.

Really enjoyable low budget horror comedy.

Read about that a few months back. Seemed interesting.

the ruins was kind of a let down.

That movie was awful. Especially the guy with the lisp who was in the Texas Chainsaw remake.

the thing that bothered me most is the plants didnt really kill anyone. the german was going to die anyways after he fell, the mayans killed two people, the crazy ***** killed her bf, and then the other dude killed the crazy *****.

District 9 was kinda disappointing for me.

Basically they just made a movie about refugees but substituted with aliens. And Aliens that are too human-like, they are boring (i really hate movies with aliens or monsters with human likeness). And the story went nowhere. Only to show refugees transferring from one camp to another, when the process finish.. the end. They could at least make an alien uprising and have some little war going on there wouldve been more interesting. Alien weapons are cool but obviously copied from videogames.

Im pretty sure District 10 would be that alien daddy come back with his army and his son as second in command to take revenge on humans, instead his son fall in love with human but his daddy object inter-galactic marriage. So they all go to the space court and have the jedi council decide their faith.

...could happen :\

so rottentomatoes is giving zombieland amazing reviews right now...the more i see the trailer, the more i like it, but...i don't know if i can bring myself to spend $9 to take a chance. If anyone sees it, please post a non-spoiler review.

Zombieland had my money 10 seconds into the first trailer. I'll let ya know.

@Jujumon, you have definitely dated yourself as far as sci-fi maturity. After everything from Aliens, to Terminator to Blade Runner to Independence Day to Stargate to Predator to Running Man to Total Recall... District 9 was a refreshingly original, masterfully shot, step up for weta digital all for under 30 million legitimizing what can done with the genre.

to be honest, i prefer all that movies u listed over D9 anyday.

When i go see scifi or any fantasy movies i like to see creative stuffs, something that i dont normally see on news on TV. I dont really consider D9 "aliens" to be refreshingly original, i think it's quite opposite. Having aliens "sign consent form" to be relocated - isnt creative. Maybe it's just me, i like to see something more 'out there' in aliens rather than some sorta grasshopper humans got caught in human issues.

Zombieland has this weird vibe for me because it's the main guys second movie and his first being called Adventureland- which looked good in the previews but sucked as a movie.

No basis to judge this movie but just weird coincidence. I'll still give it a go. On video.

my brother went to the premier in boston, he said it was amazing. but hes partially retarded so take that with a grain of salt.

The movie is more of a funny buddy travel movie then an action packed zombie murder fest.

watching adventureland now. it's horrible. i think i laughed once so far...it could have been a good theme park version of dazed and confused, but it just has nothing redeemable about it at all.

I watched Adventureland... thought I was on Candid Camera and they were waiting on me to throw my shoe through the TV or something.

Seriously. It's horrible. I'm talking about... I'd rather watch Porky's 2 on repeat kind of bad.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Surrogates = 2.5 stars.