A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: TV shows

i watched house instead of heroes, and laughed more then i have at a tv show in a while.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

i'm in the same boat as silver regarding heroes. Show pissed me off too much to go back.

after the first season where they had the big fight season i waited all year for, and it was a complete ****ing let down of basically a bit slap fight when both sylar and peter were pretty much god like power wise.

Then season 2 you basically hit the restart button on peter, and now you have two evil characters that are overpowered, and again the climax is dumb as hell, plus they killed kristen bell which was a good character, but let ****ing oil eyes live how dumb is that? great opportunities missed again

Then season three big finale peter and nathan vs sylar Climax time the event we have all been waiting for.. oh your not going to show us anything at all, but some flashing lights behind closed doors? really? seriously?

after that i said **** you heroes. House and MNF. Unless i hear some ****ing amazing buzz heroes is dead to me.

Anyone still watching Hung? It's up to EP 10 now and it is pretty decent except for his whole kids side of the story. 2 ugliest twins ever and creepily close...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

The only thing that keeps Hung interesting is the prospect of him becoming a super high paid rich whore and all the high class that goes with it. My fear is that they'll deflate it into some stupid life drama like Weeds.

Heroes is consistently bland. They haven't wrapped up a single damn story line, theirs been no real character cohesion to speak of. We're strangers, we're enemies, we're team mates, we're on the run, we're just a few of the worlds population. It's the worst case of tv Alzheimer's I've ever seen. And yet, I still watch in hopes of some sensible arch consolidation. With what they set up in season one, any idiot could have seen the obvious desire for a good team vs bad team with a common antagonist or two. But no, just add new characters, reset others, castrate a story line and play demographic crack whore. At this point I wouldn't even care if they donned uniforms as long as they get some fk'ing direction. I do like the Parkman cracking up thing but shape shifting as a device should be banned from tv. And the ad whoring? Ricockculous. I watched it on dvr and found myself grabbing the remote a minute and a half after putting down. I think there were maybe 40 minutes of show in two hours. Same with football, I swear Sprint and Coors should just buy their own teams already. I can't go three plays without seeing their ads in some form.

House, on the other hand, was one of the more brilliant dynamic spectrum of color I've ever seen on tv. The progressive genius of trying to figure what will happen next is always rewarded, touching and mind blowing. I actually find myself cheering aloud at the mischief. My only complaint is that they wrapped up the the whole mental ward plot way too soon. I was hoping that would run the season or most of it. I heard Hugh Lorey has spent so much time limping on set that he actually has a knee problem now that the producers refuse to pay for.

The Colony lost all credibility early on but it still appealed to my post-apocalyptic interests all the way through.

Surprisingly, I stumbled on a show last night I had no idea was in production. They made a series out of Witches of Eastwick and did a decent job of picking up on the story many years later and giving it a desperate housewives meets sex in the city feel ( not that I could stand either of those shows )

i agree i was hoping the house in the looney bin story line would last at least a couple of more episodes.

What was weird was i found myself hoping that house would fix some of the patients in the same way that house tried to fix freedom master. essentially i was house, i wanted him to fix people, and i had to go through the motions as a viewer that sometimes some of these people are not able to be fixed by him. It was really kind of cool, and yet sad.

Same here, I wanted house to disprove all the rehab techniques and magically heal them but what actually happened was far more powerful. The 5 stages of grief are not to be mocked and I felt really connected so see a man such as House go through them. I admit, when he finally cracked a smile at the end, I teared up.

I'm stoked that Fringe is back and good. You stop noticing the lead lady can't act after a season and they really are dealing with the coolest fringes of science. Inter-dimensional teleporting mind-melds and cybernetics ftw.
    Last edited by jAQUAN; 09-24-2009 at 04:12 PM.

doll house starts friday.

I cant handle fringe i watched 4 episodes and every single one had me wanting to kill the main characters.

Now that the new season has arrived I'm unsticking the thread.

Curb your enthusiasm, still great =)
    mmm signature

the opening to CSI was pretty good, They did a copy of that Clown shootout from digg a while ago.

did anyone else watch Flash forward last night? this has alot of potential to be a really cool show.

I detest ABC but FlashForward was pretty cool. It's a little too obvious that they want a Lost clone but appears that they've carefully planned the story. Towards the end it started to be too much about the cop/doctor family and in the landscape of tv, I really don't care to see any of their melodrama. I'm always a fan of global premise and the whole "What did you see?" catch phrase is not corny. I do kinda wish everyone had seen a different segment of time between now and April 29 instead of everyone seeing the same day. I think that would make it more of a thinkers puzzle for the audience but I'll definitely be watching until it jumps the tracks.

Way more exciting was the preview of the new "V". Loved that mini-series as a kid.

EDIT: Already a ton of viral
    http://www.jointhemosaic.com
    http://truthhack.com/

truthhack puzzle http://truthhack.com/encrypted/site/index.php
    known words: DIVINE, DOLL, UTAH
    Last edited by jAQUAN; 09-25-2009 at 11:19 AM.

V was great as a kid, ill have to try and find it on dvd to give it another watch before the remake comes out.

lost is the epitome of bull**** storytelling, I hope flashforward doesnt pull some of the **** lost did.

So house was pretty good this week. I was not a fan of foreman being made to look so inept.

FlashForward was good also, but i can see alot of plot holes coming up:-/

Modern Family is great. I will definitely be watching it.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2 View Post
    So house was pretty good this week. I was not a fan of foreman being made to look so inept.
    That is what made me stop watching house. It's like watching Walker Texas Ranger He alledgedly surrounds himself with the best and the brightest but as soon as he enters the room they are all morons.

So I caught the first episode of TRAUMA.

Pure crap aside from the visuals of the helicopter crash.
    Mother Jugs and Speed makes for better television.

^ nominee for old reference of the year.

Community is funny. Just needs to give Chase less lines.