A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mac WWDC June 9th... predictions?

Mac WWDC June 9th... predictions?

I'm bored, and tired of looking at code:

Two sizes of iPhone, smaller screened one to sell for 299 USD.
    Updated iBooks later in the year.
    Blu-Ray for PowerMacs and iMacs.
    10.6 Proof-of-concept shown.
    iPod Touch price drop.
    Ability for XCode to tap into GPU nigh natively.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I am really hoping for an update Macbook Pro. I know it isn't happening though.

Quote Originally Posted by alty29
    I am really hoping for an update Macbook Pro. I know it isn't happening though.
    Updated how? They've updated once or twice a year consistently. The last 2 or 3 have been far from groundbreaking. Faster GPU or CPU, bigger HD, nothing spectacular. It's a good machine today - what are you looking for?
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    The iPhone will be updated. It will have 2 or 3 nice features but still fall short in some places. I don't think that they'll change it all that much.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Is there anything you can't buy from iTunes yet?
    Flash player for iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by hanratty21
    Updated how? They've updated once or twice a year consistently. The last 2 or 3 have been far from groundbreaking. Faster GPU or CPU, bigger HD, nothing spectacular. It's a good machine today - what are you looking for?

Well, really I am most wanting a new GPU. Also, there has been a lot of talk about a new case design. While I like the new case (and I know you all do too), I am interested to see what the next one would look like.

Well i hear on the grapevine from my friend in Apple that there will definately be a revised iPhone and iPod Touch stuff (the iPhone being 3G is being thrown around so i hope so ).
    "All men are equal. All men, that is, who possess umbrellas."
    E.M. Forster

3G iPhone is hardly a prediction. The fact that Apple has been in bed with ATT since day one and ATT has said their network will be 2/3 3G coverage by end of 2nd Qtr/mid 3rd Qtr, this is a foregone conclusion. Until it has an actual keyboard, it's useless for corporate America.

I'd say BluRay is a good bet, though.
    Last edited by hanratty21; 06-09-2008 at 01:56 AM.

I almost got it right with the XCode API updates. More iPhone oriented than I had predicted... but they'd do anything to push XCode.

Let's see what else...

<--not impressed with anything iphone at all. 2.0 seems soft to me with nothing groundbreaking at all. $199 means they had the pricing wrong all along. I wonder how all of the $599 fanboys feel about this...

199 for 8gb, 299 for 16gb... white version at 16gb.

damn. imagine if you paid 600.00 for yours last year... ouch.

Price drop was a good move. They'll sell more 16GB ones because they're visible distinct as a status symbol. (White.)

Curious to see if they make a big enterprise push now. BB's are very well entrenched. The SDK should help a lot with that.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Quote Originally Posted by hanratty21
    3G iPhone is hardly a prediction. The fact that Apple has been in bed with ATT since day one and ATT has said their network will be 2/3 3G coverage by end of 2nd Qtr/mid 3rd Qtr, this is a foregone conclusion. Until it has an actual keyboard, it's useless for corporate America.
    The problem with 3G in the U.S. is that the phone needs to be able to roam into 2G areas. Adds bulk and diminishes battery. Korean 3G handsets are smaller b/c they don't need to roam.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog

Quote Originally Posted by alty29
    Well, really I am most wanting a new GPU. Also, there has been a lot of talk about a new case design. While I like the new case (and I know you all do too), I am interested to see what the next one would look like.
    I would rather have metal than plastic on a mobile device.

Quote Originally Posted by PAlexC
    Curious to see if they make a big enterprise push now. BB's are very well entrenched.
    What do you mean - make a push? Isn't this more a 'if you build it, they will come' thing? I will tell you this, as an avid BB user. Without a hard keyboard, this thing will never take a huge corporate market share. No BB junkie that I know would ever bother without one. It's one of the reasons they market the Pearl to teenage girls now...business peeps want a keyboard...period.

"Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Super Monkey Ball rolls with the accelerometer.
    Finally, a mobile game console that responds to your movements. Now iPhone gives you tap-and-tilt games like Super Monkey Ball.
    now, that is cool.

just finished watching the keynote.. sounds very cool plus selling for £99 for the 8gb one over here
    "All men are equal. All men, that is, who possess umbrellas."
    E.M. Forster

So, it's cheaper in the UK than in the US? That doesn't sound quite right. That's even cheaper than the current exchange rate - and don't apple products usually come with a premium overseas?

Oh, I'm sure they'll say that the charger, extra print for the languages in the manuals and whatnot will equate to a slight premium... I suspect that the UK price will be closer to £149 based on the past pricing of Apple's offerings there.

Just a hunch... now, let's see if Apple's stock dips below 140 now. I have a feeling that this WWDC didn't please the stock holders too well unless they buy into the triple the countries availability, half the price type of rhetoric we all just witnessed. Just a thought...