hello,

i'm trying to make an intelligent menu that can make suggestions to the end-user. the menu will contain lots of projects under different categories, some projects will appear under more than one category. when the end-user finishes with a project the menu will suggest a related project. similar to youtube suggesting videos when you have finished watching one.

the menu will be xml-driven, dynamic and updated out of my control. there will be a tags field/node which defines the categories its in.

i thought i would do this by storing all the projects in an array with its tags. then when required i can search through the tags portion of the array to make a suggestion. i've got this working using array.split() and .indexOf().

however, i was hoping there might be an alternative and more natural, simpler solution. would OOP be an appropriate solution for an intelligent menu? i've never done any OOP but i've read a little on it and i'm keen to give it a go. i'm comfortable creating and accessing dynamic arrays, but not sure about accessing dynamic objects without referencing them from an array.

any help, advice, suggestions greatly appreciated.

cheers,

david