A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Game Thread

Just chatted with an account rep. There is no 'pause account' feature so any reward dollars you earned would be removed. They would however reinstate those one time upon request.

Another good thing about Gamefly is that you can just buy the games you rented at a decent price. So for games like Madden, that I play throughout the year, I'll put it on my queue and remove everything else right before it launches, guaranteeing that I receive it. Then I just buy it from them for $40 when it ships to me and load my queue back up.

I dont want to tie up my gamefly account with games that I want to keep for half the year.

With rental stores constantly closing around me, I think Gamefly is where its at. I wouldnt have played half the games I have if I had to purchase them. I used to buy at least 2 games a month and with 10-12 hours of playtime for some games, it's not worth it.

I took the leap. Dragon Age shipped because Alan Wake wasn't available.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2 View Post
    just food for thought if you are planning on getting games for the multplayer aspect, from gamefly or used..
    Good to know. The only game I seem to play multi-player is NCAA Football, which I'll buy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN View Post
    Just chatted with an account rep. There is no 'pause account' feature so any reward dollars you earned would be removed. They would however reinstate those one time upon request.
    How do you earn reward dollars? From trading games in? Or, is there another way?

I figured I would just go with the single game account and that would balance out at least even with my current spending even if I still buy NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by creativeinsomnia View Post
    With rental stores constantly closing around me, I think Gamefly is where its at. I wouldnt have played half the games I have if I had to purchase them. I used to buy at least 2 games a month and with 10-12 hours of playtime for some games, it's not worth it.
    Heh. I'm a little afraid that I'll be putting more time than I have into games now, trying to burn through as many as I can per month.
    Last edited by FlashLackey; 06-01-2010 at 06:46 PM.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey View Post
    How do you earn reward dollars? From trading games in? Or, is there another way?
    As far as I know just length of membership but I'm only in my second month and haven't taken advantage of a lot of what gamefly has to offer. Perhaps CI could provide more insight how to earn credit and what to do with it.

Heh. I'm a little afraid that I'll be putting more time than I have into games now, trying to burn through as many as I can per month.
    That's what I actually feel changing in my habits. A great game yes, I'll burn through it but I wont force myself through a crap game to justify the purchase. Oh and gamefly has a cool feature where as soon as your local USPS scans your return, the next one is shipped.

so with the story line completed and only a sliver about 70% complete i have decided to throw on my bandana, and go full on bad guy for the rest of my playtime with RDR. I threw a marshal under a moving train last night, then proceeded to kill everyone on the train.

im really going to see how high i can get my bounty up to while still completing all the hideouts/challenges.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

As far as I know just length of membership but I'm only in my second month and haven't taken advantage of a lot of what gamefly has to offer. Perhaps CI could provide more insight how to earn credit and what to do with it
    There are membership tiers you unlock based on how long you've been a member. I think the last tier is unlocked at month 9 or 12 and you get 10% off any used game, and $5 credit towards a purchase every 3 months.

They always get me with the rewards dollars because they send out an email when they're about to expire and I always end up picking up a game. It's always worth it though because the last 2 I picked up (Ghostbusters and Brutal Legend for the 360), I paid $4.27 shipped a piece. Cant beat that.

I took the leap.
    Damn't FL, You coulda made me $20.

Sorry. I didn't know they had that program. I just got an email today explaining the referral system. Doh!

Disappointed with Dragon Age so far. Seems like a game that would have fit in 5 years ago. Going to give it one more session. Probably sending it back unless something interesting happens...

Thank you for talking me into GameFly. Already saved me $60 on this.

Just beat Uncharted 2. First Tomb-Raider style game I've played since, well, Tomb-Raider. In the end it's just some obstacles, a sprinkle of easy puzzles and lots and lots and lots of gun-fights. However the story, voice-acting, graphics locations and action sequences make it damn near movie quality. Dropping it in the mail on monday, hopefully a copy of Red Dead will be on the way.

Is that a thumbs up or down for Uncharted 2?

Thumbs up for sure. I'd estimate 12-16 hours of gameplay which is well worth the time investment.

Disappointed with Dragon Age so far. Seems like a game that would have fit in 5 years ago. Going to give it one more session. Probably sending it back unless something interesting happens..
    Definitely an old school PC style RPG. I played the crap out of it but it did take me a little while to get into it. I ended up really enjoying it but I can also see how some people wouldnt. Especially if you're used to the Oblivion/Fallout type of Action/RPG's.

But, I see you've just witnessed the beauty of GameFly. If you dont really like it, dont waste your time with it.

Thumbs up for sure. I'd estimate 12-16 hours of gameplay which is well worth the time investment.
    Whoops. Playstation only. I have 360.

Quote Originally Posted by creativeinsomnia View Post
    Definitely an old school PC style RPG. I played the crap out of it but it did take me a little while to get into it. I ended up really enjoying it but I can also see how some people wouldnt. Especially if you're used to the Oblivion/Fallout type of Action/RPG's.

But, I see you've just witnessed the beauty of GameFly. If you dont really like it, dont waste your time with it.
    You hit the nail on the head. Loved Oblivion and Fallout. DragonAge seems to be an attempt to start a console port of World of Warcraft. I never could get into the cartoonish style of the artwork of WoW. I like more detail, realism/grit.

That said, it has become more interesting now that I'm working with larger parties. I just have to skip past the abysmal cut scenes as quickly as possible.

Gamefly is great. I might upgrade to two games so I won't have to be without a game during exchanges.

Gamefly is great. I might upgrade to two games so I won't have to be without a game during exchanges.
    That's exactly why I have the two game plan. More often than not, I'll have two games at home, and only play one of them until I beat it, then start the 2nd. I put over 50 hours into Dragon Age, and Uncharted 2 sat on my shelf for over a month.

But I cant live with the fact that I would have to wait 4 or 5 days without a game if I had the one game plan.

I actually think it allows me to get some other much needed work done on personal projects and I start school at the end of the month.

For kids, the new Toy Story 3 game is really well done.

Mass Effect 2 is disappointing. There's a great deal of cool sci-fi backstory but you're forced to sit through hours of it via unlocked log entries. Boring. If you die mid-mission you're forced to start way back and sit through conversation segments again which is just a cardinal sin anymore. When you finally get to participate in some gameplay its just simple duck and shoot. I played about a half hour of the first one which was awesome but I think the industry has just moved too far forward since then to repeat.

Very thankful for my gamefly account.

Interesting. I really liked Mass Effect 2. I normally can't stand video game stories and cut scenes. But, the production quality of the graphics, 3D, etc. kept me interested.

I see your points though. I didn't read/listen to any of the log notes, messages, codexes or whatever kept getting updated there. And the gameplay is pretty simple.

I'd like to see a game with the character/story work of ME2, the environment of Red Dead Redemption and the movement UI of Assassin's Creed 2.

On another note, the NCAA 2010 demo looks horrible to me. Bugs galore. Sloppy production.

Anyone play Tiger Woods? I'm not into golf but some reason like golfing games. If I get a 360 I'm interested in getting a copy of it. Any year that is the "golden" one or does it really get better every year- like is Tiger 11 worth it?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna