A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash classes for flex

flash classes for flex

Hey,
    I've been working in flash up until now (except sometimes when I create flash projects in flex) however now I wanna try flex mxml and actionscript all alone but got some problems with my currently project.

I got a lot of classes for different functions, for example an email class. And in this email class I read data from movieClips but in flex I use a panel, my class looks like this:
    Code:
    public function mailClass(mail_container:MovieClip,url:String):void {
            // Do something with the container..
    }
    but like I said, in flex i dont use movieClips, instead I use Panel so the mail_container cant be movieClip instead it needs to be Panel, example:
    Code:
    public function mailClass(mail_container:Panel....
    but then I got the second problem, the objects id isn't stored in the container like movieclips.
    MC:
    Code:
    container.myText.text
    Flex:
    Code:
    myText.text (I dont use the container)
    So will I have to remake or override all the clases if I want to use them in flex?

besides those needing to be included within a mx:Application, you could use mx:Canvas and include those into a "container" of sorts.

you have a bit more flexibility than you're insinuating... but I'm coming into your question a bit cold - meaning that I've sorta gotten used to a way of thinking and it's been a while since I have been made to think in terms of Flash.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]