A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Rotating 3D Cube With Pictures

Rotating 3D Cube With Pictures

Does anyone know of a good tutorial showing how to make a 3D cube in Flash (I have Flash CS3) - I'd like to put a photo on each side of the cube and have it rotate to show each of the pictures... Pretty much like this: http://www.jenova.co.uk/

Thanks in advance,

Paul

How well versed are you at AS2/AS3? The reason I ask, I think I still have a version of a photo cube I had made a while back using AS2.

But for a lot of it, I've cheated and used this flash component to avoid really having to monkey around with each movieClip and the four vertices and transforming them to make a cube - 6 sides, all in unison, it was a headache.

I'll look around and see if I can find my original post (can't remember if it were here or somewhere else)... I've done these in Swift3D, via strict AS, and lately via that Flashloaded 3D Box plugin... the time alone saved was incredible with the component.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

my A/S is pretty basic so if you have a template that I could use it would be very much appreciated.

I don't really mind how's its constructed, I just need to keep a client happy!

You're a bit out of luck. I can't find my backups from 2004 at all. And even though I have the Flashloaded 3D Box component - which would fix your issue in mere moments - I'm not sure if I can give up the *.fla without it being installed too.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]