A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I need a script pro please!

Why do you need to know? Are you stalking me?

Unhappy I need a script pro please!

Hi. If you saw, i've posted like 3 posts needing help. Im confident this one will get a reply

First Script:

I just need 2 small scripts done. Please, someone help. Bare with me, it's going to be a little hard to explain.

I have this little character. Named "Hero" with an instance name of "Hero" (without quotations.) It has a script where he "flys", rotates, and shoots. Cool, right? Here's the problem.

Whenever he shoots an object, called "bullet" with linkage "bullet" (without quotations,) I want it so when it hits a CERTAIN object, the bullet disappears and the Target turns into a diffrent Movie Clip, and then after a small amount of time the Movie Clip it turned into, disappears, and sets a varible to +1.

Secound Script:

Everytime the enemy disappears, or dies, it gives you a certain amount of points/money. Also there's a shop, where when the item is one Movie Clip when not bought and another when bought, and you need a certain amount of score to buy it and when bought it takes some score away.

Third (and final) Script:

Short and Sweet, how can I show varibles on the screen? Like, in textboxs or something.

Please respond, don't let me my confidence die out .

Thank you.

-Dragonblue80

Do you need to script for Hero to move also?
    You state that you only need two, but asked for three almost four scripts.
    There is a alot that you are going to have to learn. Making text boxes will be the easiest part.

The first two are going to include multiple functions and would be a lot to figure out for the first time. I'm sure if someone has already spent the time figuring it all out they might not want to just give you their code, but who knows.

1.) to check for your bullets.. you'll need to research/read up on how to use hitTest()..

when your hitTest() triggers true for hitting whatever it is your checking for (a wall or enemy or something).. start timed interval (setInterval() function) to change the targetted clip form state to state (frame 1 then to 2 then disappear)

2.) so what is the help you asking for here? the enemy giving you points/money? the shop checking your status/level to be able to buy an item or the items changing states once purchased or not?

your asking for a ton of help..and not giving much to go on

3.) to show variables in a text field, you can do this:

var someVar:String = "John Doe";

myTextfield.text = "My Name is: "+someVar;

that will display "My Name is John Doe";