A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Big Bod Says "[Pimp]"

Big Bod Says "[Pimp]"

New game out today, "Big Bod Says...". It's far from an epic, but it's pretty good fun for a quick go or two.

http://www.gimme5games.com/index.jsp?id=bigbodsays

Also whilst I'm on the pimping theme, I don't think I ever posted "Brain Voyage" here:

It's a pretty accurate port of the DS game, which was cool 'cause we got a load of really nice assets to play with, and also my first complete as3 project.

If you want to see what a brain training clone looks like, here's the link:
    http://www.gimme5games.com/index.jsp?id=brain
    If you do the facebook thing, there's a version there to with some stats and stuff, there should be a link to that version at the link above.

One last pimp, I dunno if I've mentioned this before, but I'm on a roll, MJ-1912 has been out on gameJacket for quite a while. It's a reskin of the Invaders clone ( MJ-12 ) I did way back which ended up on miniclip.
    http://www.gamejacket.com/gamejacket.asp?gjid=00097

As always, enjoy.

Squize.

I tried twice to play bigbodsays but it didin't launch after the gamejacket advert. The "PLAY >>" is displayed below the ad but it doesn't launch when clicking on it. (XP IE 7)

Yeah, there seems to be a problem with gameJacket atm, we're having murders here 'cause most of the site is powered by GJ so a lot of games are down.

Sorry about that mate, hopefully order will be restored soon.

Squize.

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    Big bod confused the hell out of me, i didn't realise i was supposed to carry on clicking on previous characters... Nice game though. Hard to believe a simple simon game would work so well. Presentation counts for a lot.

First time I hit the page I got a mylotto banner I coded. Really weird.

Really nice to see a promotional tool for a game that's a straight port. Very clever, and very suitable for the DS market too. Would have liked to have seen this done with some other DS games I own.

BBS was a funny one to develop. I had a 5 min chat with the coder whose idea it was and then left to it. I originally set it up as a level / reaction game, a load of bods appear on screen, and you have to click the ones BB said to click in a short space of time.
    It then went through another two revisions ( On the same day, so it was like lunchtime "Is this what you meant?", "No", so started again to get it done by the close of play ).
    In the end it took an unbelievable 9 days to finish.

But the revisions were because we were like you, everyone had a slightly different take on how it should play ( Mine was different to the current version, but it's grown on me now ).
    It's quite a nice little game imho, Timothy Spall ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001758/ ) did the vocals and they really make it. "ninjaar" still makes me smile.

Brain Voyage was fun in that I got to be really anal and make it as accurate as possible, which is something I've not done in years. I really had to fight to get the clips of the Dr. in there, but they add so much more to it.
    My only regret with that is we then cheapened it with putting ads at the start. I argued like hell about that, and kept it going even after launch, but there you go.
    The game was built to be translatable and for it to be a simple edit of the xml file to add new games, but seeing how the actual DS game has died on it's arse ( From what I know ) I can't see anything been done with it.
    We did the Europe version, Brain Benders, but I don't think that's even seen the light of day yet.

That's the sucky side of this job, having work just gathering dust.

Nice banner action btw Thanks for taking the time to play & post mate.

Squize.

Ah nice to see this online finally.

BBS finally loads for me, so I had a quick play. I'm really appreciate the scrolltext below the game telling me what I have to do, because at times ... well I just forgot listening to Big Bod.
    You know it's not my kind of game but I really enjoed this one for a few minutes (especially after doing 3 days of drop dead boring redoing a device simulattor).

The card game in Brain voyage is still way beyond me, but I somehow made it to level 3 or so (just to be reminded that there's some work and a tight deadline left) ... I think I'll have to give it a longer go later.

nice.

nGFX

Thanks for the post mate, I'm glad you've thawed a little towards Big Bod

I don't think I can explain Royal Flush much better here than I did in the game. I think it's one of those games you either get or you don't. Out of the 3 we packaged with Brain Voyage, I think that's the only one that could work as a standalone game.

It seems these 3 games haven't really hit the spot here too much. Different audiences for different games and all that.

Squize.

Not enough blood.

lol.

I finally do a game with zombies and "ninjaars", which is catnip to the kids, they love it, and I still get grief.

Squize. :P

OK I played it this time.
    Wow, surprisingly deep!