A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: link not loading in ie7

link not loading in ie7

i have made a link in swishmax; press button script added, added geturl script, added window blank. when i push the button for it in swishmax everything works. when i trie it in ie7 nothing happens. i'm thinking security isseus from ie7 maybe but i don't have expierence with ie7. help anyone plz?..

Carpe Diem - Moderator wolfgross's Avatar
    ...can you provide a link (URL)?

wolf

I'm having the same problem and here's my link:

http://www.2delements.com/support/

You can open the same link in FireFox and the links will click through. This problem has kept me from finishing the site, so most of the links just point to empty directories, but on IE7, the only part of the buttons that work is the click animation.

I can copy the code I'm using if needed.

Carpe Diem - Moderator wolfgross's Avatar
    ...are you loading data from different domains? ...see this.

wolf

I'm not calling links from other domains, but I am calling the links through their full urls. i.e. instead of "/directory/page.html", I'm using "http://2delements.com/directory/page.html". The reason for this was simply because I wanted to have one Swish movie I could use on all pages and not have to worry about the relativity of the page locations.

Wolf nails it. you use a www. to link to a page then when your on the page you don't use www. for your subsequent links.

You need to set your script access in your html to always.
    Flash can't differeniate between www. and no www it treats them as separate domains.

Thank you guys so much! That solved the problem. Just out of curiosity, why does FireFox not care where the links point to?

Firefox and IE use different flash players. Which is why When you update your player for IE it doesn't show the player updated for firefox.

There are also other inconsistencies for the flash player designed for Mozilla flavored browsers it's hard to build an all in one flash player that works in different environments which is why adobe builds different players to work with different browsers and sometimes they have nuances.

Such as the mozilla browser used to be very buggy or not work at all when you used a transparent background. MS treated transparent backgrounds as a security risk between ie5 and ie6 so in IE 7 the transparent background doesn't work at all.

thank you wolfgross it works perfectly now. many thanks!!