Hello Everyone,

I didn't know where to post this question. Basically, Using Flash Media Streaming Server 3 in conjuction with Flash Media Encoder 2.5, I just want to stream some live Flash video/audio (webcam and microphone) to a webpage I have. Adobe advertises FMS3 to the effect of "with just a few simple mouse clicks you can be streaming Flash video in no time". I've found this doesn't seem to be the case. In fact it would seem, at least on its face, that you need a Master's degree in Actionscript and application development to get anything working.

It's simple enough to stream video/audio using a webcam and Windows Media Encoder, but FMS3 seems to be an entirely different animal. The drawback to WME is that you are restricted only to browsers which can play Windows Media (i.e. not Firefox). So flash is definitely the way to go.

I get the basic idea behind RTMP and open connections, but the rest is all Greek.

Is there any such thing as a "simple start guide" to using FMS3, or is that just wishful thinking?

Thanks
Rob