A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: High Protection for all online contents of swf files

High Protection for all online contents of swf files

A real big jump been made..

all secure and protection applications for swf focus at codes (action script code) to encrypt it in case of downloading the swf file and/or decomile it.. what about text and raster objects..

i faced a real big problems coz i wana use an objects in my swf as a map .. road map.. and if i published it im positive sure everyone will take it and re produce it in other way and take the benefilts

so.. what i did?!!

http://haddadz.com/map

try to take the swf file (the map)..

ive made a real good protection for all what swf files have inside not just the codes ..
    if im right then no one gona hack my work..
    if am wrong .. then ill not publish my work yet till find a way to solve this problem

check the map and try ur best to take it

thanks

Welcome to Flashkit. Your other two posts, one is in a thread that's now 8 years old, have been deleted because you're basically spamming the site.

That's against the rules. Please don't do that in the near future.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Hi,

that protection is not bad, and as it is serverside, it will disappoint all of those who try to decrypt with a stolen copy of Buraks.
    On the other side it is fairly obvious how you are doing things (not too many ways to achieve that effect, anyway), and you misspelled that google thingy - it is "Google search" rather than "Google serach".
    Have a look at www.fontimages.org.uk/haddad.swf

Musicman

Quote Originally Posted by Musicman
    Hi,

that protection is not bad, and as it is serverside, it will disappoint all of those who try to decrypt with a stolen copy of Buraks.
    On the other side it is fairly obvious how you are doing things (not too many ways to achieve that effect, anyway), and you misspelled that google thingy - it is "Google search" rather than "Google serach".
    Have a look at www.fontimages.org.uk/haddad.swf

Musicman
    nice

may i know what u did or used to take the swf file?

thank u

Hi,

well - first step: analysis ... I dont know how your custom right click is supposed to work; I had no problem viewing the source code and spotting that "passit" string. Next, I use a tool similar to the http debug feature in firefox, so I can see that your main page is setting a cookie - and the speling eror makes the cookie somewhat suspicious
    next - actual download. Curl (from www.haxx.se) and wget both can request arbitrary pages from the web and pass data (and headers) to them. While they are both commonplace on linux/unix systems, curl certainly exists as a windows program as well.

Musicman

Musicman

can u try now

http://haddadz.com/map

thanks

Hi,

still no big deal to recover the file but I had to use a different tool.... something like a local cache proxy which can be told to keep some of the non-cache files. The only thing that needed attention was loading the same file again and not overwriting the captured data with the "no access" response from the second call.

Musicman

Hi Musicman

lemme say this :

if i reached to block (a thought nothing more) proxy prog. such as :
    http://www.charlesproxy.com/

do u think there will be other applications that could reach to the swf files?

Hi,

in very simple terms:
    - I wrote my own proxy, others could do the same, ... there is potentially millions of different ones
    - there is no requirement for a proxy to identify itself as such - the server might see exactly the same request as when the browser sends it.

Using a proxy is not bad in itself - some companies require it as part of a monitoring (a.k.a. wire-tapping) solutions, others require it for a reduction on bandwidth used (imagine 1000 PCs in an office all loading the same browser start page from the company's cache server rather than from the web)

Musicman

hmmm

Does that goes also with images ?

www.amman.net

swf grap tiled images..

can u find that also ?

Hi,

there is no protection on these images - you can just view them, e.g.
    http://www.amman.net/testimage/TileGroup0/4-4-5.jpg
    and save them right from the browser

Musicman

yes u r right

i thought they did what ive asked

i have a question :

regardles the way u used to reach the swf map file.. how many users u think they can do that? .. notice that any app like ******* will not get the swf map file or any catcher coz the zoom swf file will be the first to get ..

Hi,

well - it is perhaps a bit more effort than clicking on "download and decompile", but it still is not rocket science. On the other side, it is just a plain city map .... would people really go to big efforts to download that? (things make a difference if you have a map that shows hidden entrance to the state gold reserve

Musicman