A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Google, Yahoo and Adobe to make flash search engine friendly

Google, Yahoo and Adobe to make flash search engine friendly

http://www.internetnews.com/search/a...Searchable.htm

Interesting article.

Adobe Systems has teamed up with Google and Yahoo to make content mixed with its Flash file format easier to index. The software maker predicts a big impact on how and what pages are sorted in the rankings of those search engines. Just give it some time.

The good news for everyone who has added Flash .SWF files to their page is they don't have to make any chances to the page code at all. The work will be handled by the spider programs from Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) and Yahoo (NASDAQ: YHOO) that crawl Web sites.

For end users, it means more relevant search results, according to Justin Everett-Church, senior product manager for Flash at Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE). "The perfect page for you may have been out there, but it was all Flash content, so it had low search ranking. This will mean it will have a high ranking."

The problem for search engines finding Flash-based pages is due to the dynamic nature of Flash, and pretty much any Web runtime, said Everett-Church. A HTML file is a flat file with links, while a Flash .SWF file has various states. Based on user interaction, you could go to different parts of the Flash (define) file.

Already posted, but buried.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Incrrredible!! cant believe my eyes.. Am i really reading this?
    This is something i would love to keep dreaming about all day all night, atleast to me, it can only happen in my dreams...but WOW...this IS REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN !!! Adobe and Google together [Cant ask for more] !!!!!

Lets now just wait and watch these google spiders crawl through all the Funtastic-Flash pages across the web and finally make a halt displaying some links that wil take us to a world of colors, animations, creative wonders and some LIVELY mindboggling flash pages as links.

Quote Originally Posted by deepakflash
    Incrrredible!! cant believe my eyes.. Am i really reading this?
    This is something i would love to keep dreaming about all day all night, atleast to me, it can only happen in my dreams...but WOW...this IS REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN !!! Adobe and Google together [Cant ask for more] !!!!!

Lets now just wait and watch these google spiders crawl through all the Funtastic-Flash pages across the web and finally make a halt displaying some links that wil take us to a world of colors, animations, creative wonders and some LIVELY mindboggling flash pages as links.
    Whatever you're on, I want some.