A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I need some help with my site

I need some help with my site

I have been making my photography site using a template, its been changed a lot so its pretty much all new, however I have no clue how things work in flash so im unable to make the next step of changes.

My website is www.richardgrebby.co.uk and here are the things I want to change/add.

A foward and back button on each of the images in the gallery.

A contact Form to fill out, for example, name, email, comment etc.

A way to load the images after the main site has loaded, so that the initial load time is not to long.

To have the videos plan within the main flash site instead of going to another page.

I really hope someone can help, I can provide the Flash CS3 file if needed but I have been searching through all of the program but im totally at a loss.

Thank you in advance.

Are you asking someone to do this FOR YOU? as in your wanting to PAY someone to do it? If so, this will need to be moved to the FREELANCE forum..

If your looking for help to do this yourself.... good luck.

Since you dont know much about Flash as you state... your in for a huge learning curve...

coupled with the fact that TEMPLATES are known for being problematic.

The designers/developers of these "TEMPLATES", code them with bad coding practices, do not name layers or symbols/object in the library..

usually do NOT load content externally or make it easier to edit/add more to the layout..since they used bad design patterns to develop it.

If you have questions, on how to do any/all of things individually.. I can help, but as for integrating these into your template/project.... well..maybe you can figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by whispers
    coupled with the fact that TEMPLATES are known for being problematic.

The designers/developers of these "TEMPLATES", code them with bad coding practices, do not name layers or symbols/object in the library..

usually do NOT load content externally or make it easier to edit/add more to the layout..since they used bad design patterns to develop it.
    Man that is soooo true and I wonder why? You'd think places like templatem*nster would have a Q/A department to make sure the templates are actually usable rather than just nice eye candy.. Person buys it for cheap, thinks they got a good deal only to realize it's entirely unusable until some flash dev is paid to fix it and hence end up costing more than having someone design it from scratch.. </rant>
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

correct... they also promote/advertise 'template modification' services at most as well..

not in their best interest to 'do it right'...

haha of course!
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection