A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fire Pit

Fire Pit

Some of you may remember me mentioning the patio we're building in the back yard to house a fire pit, and now the time has come. All the stone and everything has come in, and production has started. Now the time has come to pick out an actual fire pit, and I want something BIG. The style I'm going for is something similar to this:

Now it can be a variation on color, etc. But the general "wok" shape is what we're going for. The bigger the better, we're talking upwards of 42 inches diameter. So far I've found these:

http://www.ironaccents.com/27-112s.html
    http://www.amazon.com/Uniflame-Black...112449&sr=1-12
    http://www.firepits.com/fire-pits/fi...nchfirepit.cfm

It seems like 35'' is where most of them stop at. Help me feed my pyromania.
    Last edited by ViRGo_RK; 07-03-2008 at 03:54 PM.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Where's my invite?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

You can come over any time and help build, if you'd like

The E. P. Henry bluestone pavers are 2ft X 2ft and 60 pounds each, the cap stones for the two columns at the end are about 80. So all the help we can get.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.

so you're building a great fire pit surrounding yet you're not going to be building the fire pit itself? Can't you just buy some more stone and build a permanent one that will match the rest?

yeah man dont half ass it, go all out.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

My firepit was so hot the other night that it cracked all my surronding rocks in half. Good thing that they were free and I can just replace them from our big pile we have.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Good thing that we have different goals for our firepits.

And what exactly is your goal for your fire pit? Mine was to have some friends over and enjoy the summer nights with some beers in hand and some laughs around a fire. Which I have already had a few of while you're still trying decide on materials and decorate it like you're from HGTV.

Don't get me wrong I am sure yours will be awesome but I am not about to put money towards something elaborate like that when I will be moving out of this house for good within a year.

Simple yet effective.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 07-06-2008 at 09:18 PM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

whenever your goal isn't to scorch the earth in miles in either direction, you've just created a campfire.

fire pits is for the hellion in us all. long live pyromania.

That pit looks small but it is about 4ft wide (3 ft deep) and that was after the fire died down a bit. The flames were prob 6ft on average.

From the looks of his plans it is going to be one of those nice little controlled pits where it is impossible to scorch anything. A nice suburban bbq patio

Alright, we had a hole in the earth from when we took our pool down, 21 ft wide. So we had to cover that space, which was pure dirt. We had to fill in that space, and making the whole thing a fire pit was not viable. We wanted something that would be permanent, and not necessarily just for fire. So it's like a patio area, with a sustaining wall used as a bench, that we can have fires in if we choose. The fact is, digging down in a 22 foot gaping hole in the back yard wasn't an option.

So, a great looking patio we can have fires on? Best options for us. Suck it, false bravado

This is pretty nice looking.

Some pit designs.

This one is nice but like $800

While you're at it you should go all out and make a brick oven to make pizza in.

Haha alright, instead of changing the complete design of whats already been worked on and ordered for...

oh **** it.

Go old-school:

"We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

a combination of #1 & #4 would fit perfectly into your existing plans, virgo. and if you don't want the pit to be used for fire, cover it and you've got a nice table/seat.

Yeah those are things I have my dad considering right now. Or something similar.

bah. live your destiny to become the flame jesus... purify the world with your fire pit...

Don't forget to carve out the sides for the blood to drain.