A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salmonella

Salmonella

For those of you who have been watching the news there is a nationwide outbreak of salmonella poisoning.

Salmonella comes from one place only.. fecal matter.

Regardless of what the media tells the public. American produce have stamps on the boxes. Just by looking at the stamp on a flat of tomatoes will tell you not only where it was grown but on what day it was harvested hell it will even indicate which field.
    If the product was grown in the U.S. they can and should be able to isolate it quickly.

On the other hand Mexico does not use the same barcode stamping on crates/flats and Mexico uses raw sewage water for farming.

This doesn't rule out products sold in the U.S. entirely from being a source of salmonella. When I lived in Florida, I lived near Imokalee which is practically a third world country. Farm workers sleep and do there business in the fields.
    No car, No roof. Hell even the houses had dirt floors.

All I have to say is God I hope Obama gets our nation back on the right path.
    30 years ago the FDA did over 50,000 inspections a year. Today less then 10,000 inspection happen a year. And there is almost no inspection of food products that are imported.

Obama won't do it. Seriously, if you know that you are watering your plants with **** water, you should fix that on your own.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Great... tell Mexican growers I'm sure they'll be fixing that sometime soon.
    Especially when they know thier crops will show up in American stores with no trace back to them. (unlike american crops which are tracked)

I don't know what I would do if the government wasn't telling me what I can and can not eat.

Quote Originally Posted by blazes816
    I don't know what I would do if the government wasn't telling me what I can and can not eat.
    Apparently, it's possible to better digest just about anything if it's delivered by a well-spoken politician.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Quote Originally Posted by Frets
    Great... tell Mexican growers I'm sure they'll be fixing that sometime soon.
    Especially when they know thier crops will show up in American stores with no trace back to them. (unlike american crops which are tracked)
    No. I think your vote will tell them what the growers should be fixing. Last I checked... NAFTA was a voted item. You want things to happen; guess what, the president is not always the first line of where things start.

It starts in your back (and front) yards first. And why not use the current situation to bring the fact that cheap food usually that originates outside of the US is not labeled up to specs, probably got sprinkled in **** water, and above all... made people sick.

I'm not cold and callous about this; I'm a bit on the outraged side myself. But let's face it... a tomato now costing as much as they have become in the last few years, I'm more glad that I grow my own.

Wash your vegetables and you won't have Salmonella.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

soon as i have a house ill be growing all my own veggies.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Or like me, don't eat vegetables. ; )

Frets, I see.

The thing which I don't like is that now Mexicans are blamed for that while there are crazy American Organic yuppies who think sprinkling feces over their vegetables may increase the value of their foods. That is most probably the source of Salmonella: home grown in your backyard.

From Google:

What is organic food
    They all want a high standard for organic food and they are all willing to make ... Most people don't know that rodent feces is allowed in their flour. ...

May 18, 2007 ... In organic farming, animal feces might be used as a fertilizer but is ... There is no federal organic food inspector, however all food is ...
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

I love going through the grocery store and seeing all the organic foods. In the fruit isle all the "bad" fruit was all out and stored like usual and then all the organic was all wrapped in plastic wrappers and some of them even individually wrapped. Obviously organic doesn't think green. There was such a waste of materials and it all cost 2x as much. **** organic.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    agriculture got started by growing things in our own poop.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

guano aerial topdressing fertiliser is bad?

terrorized nation is more appropriate
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

naw, only human feces is bad... to be at the top of the food chain, we're lousy at ****ting out anything worth a damn.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    I believe it is actually u.s. citizens have become over anti-spetic and sterilized that we can't handle anything. Why we get sick drinking other people's water that they can drink just fine.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

No arguments there. I think all of this hand sanitizer stuff is going to create a backlash like no other.

We use normal soap at home but put it in a anti bacterial soap dispenser so no "complains". People whine too much.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Peace - Just in Heaven koolbabs2000's Avatar
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salmonella

The prevention of Salmonella as a food illness involves effective sanitizing of food contact surfaces. Alcohol has proven to be an effective topical sanitizer against Salmonella.

CHEERS !!!
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
    - The Mahatma.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    naw, only human feces is bad... to be at the top of the food chain, we're lousy at ****ting out anything worth a damn.
    I don't know, maybe not...