A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Question about Adobe MAC/PC software

Question about Adobe MAC/PC software

i bought flash CS3 for MAC, but have a PC laptop. if i download the demo version from the website and install it on my PC, use the serial number i already have, will that work?

we're allowed to install it on two machines without issues correct?
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

I believe this was brought up in a post last year. IIRC the license is only good for 2 installs on the same platform.

However, someone here was told by an uninformed Adobe representative otherwise and was able to turn that into a dual-platform license after quite a bit of time on the phone with Adobe.

I'm not sure that would be the case anymore to be honest.

damn..well, maybe worth a try anyway when i get home today..
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

post your results - I'm in the same boat

haha...will do

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clicky2
    I believe this was brought up in a post last year. IIRC the license is only good for 2 installs on the same platform.

However, someone here was told by an uninformed Adobe representative otherwise and was able to turn that into a dual-platform license after quite a bit of time on the phone with Adobe.

I'm not sure that would be the case anymore to be honest.
    That was me.

And the answer is no. That was the damn loophole they have. I had a PC desktop, and a Mac laptop. They allow it to be installed on two computers, but the catch is you can't do it cross-platform. The key is completely different for the PC version and Mac version. I found that out the hard way and after hours of talking with Adobe and finally got it resolved due to a mistake on their part. I'll have to dig up the post.

[edit] http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=728934 There we go. [/edit]
    Last edited by MyFriendIsATaco; 07-07-2008 at 05:42 PM.

You could always use Parallels or VMWare, or whatever the hot hypervisor is thees days.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.