A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Any iPhone experts on here?

Running Plodding & Limping SpockBert's Avatar

Any iPhone experts on here?

I've been given the task of taking pictures off my boss's iPhone onto my PC.

Now from a bit of reading it seems you can only "sync" to one PC well not sure about synced but this iPhone has been backed up on both mine and his PC so its allready broke the one computer rule!

I used to able to just plug it in and the device would show up as a storage device in My Computer where I could take the images off without touching iTunes.

Sadly that non-iTunes method no longer works, I don't know whether a recent power cut messed up my USB ports or whether his slightly newer iPhone (recently had a faulty one replaced) now forces you to use iTunes.

I'm scared of syncing as from previous experience on an iTouch it seems ridiculously easy to delete images/music etc/

If I create a new empty folder called "Bosses images" on my desktop and then tell iTunes to sync images (some 300 on his iPhone) will his images copy to this new folder or will iTunes "update" the iPhone with the zero contents of "Bosses images" i.e delete all images on the phone?!

Any advice, huge appreciated.

There seems to be mixed reviews on the interweb, so I gave it a go myself.

I'm running 1.1.4, the latest version. I took a photo with the camera, plugged it into my brother's iMac, which has never seen an iPhone before, iTunes popped up and displayed everything that was on the phone, but did not ask any questions. iPhoto popped up and asked if I wanted to import the photo that I'd just taken.

I can try it using Vista, if you'd like?
    Last edited by asheep_uk; 07-10-2008 at 08:31 AM.

Can't you e-mail it?
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Get a flickr account and send them that way. I dump off a bunch of cell phone photos by messaging my flickr account.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna