A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thumbnails only with xml and flash

I tweaked the code

Quote Originally Posted by hartvan
    Thanks a bunch...any idea how I get the captions to load without having to click the thumbnails? I'm basically creating a Flash catalog and I'd like each caption to load automatically under each corresponding thumbnail.
    Hi I also want to load the captions without clicking the thumbnail. Here is the part that I tweaked.

Remove the onRelease functions on line 31 and replace with myText.txt.text = captions;

To make the captions appear without clicking the thumbnail. I replaced the OnRelease function with myText.txt.text = captions;

do you need any help Chrissy?
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.

Yes, the demo you send is great but I only 5 of the 10 thumbnails in the xml load with the captions the others load on the next line but all the way across HELP!!!

how do you want them? i think you had to 10 thumbs n total, correct? 2 lines of 5 each. tell you what. zip up your flash, and xml and thumbs, and tell me how you want it and i'll fix it for you. poser@tdkdesigns.com
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.

I have sent it

Quote Originally Posted by EQFlash
    how do you want them? i think you had to 10 thumbs n total, correct? 2 lines of 5 each. tell you what. zip up your flash, and xml and thumbs, and tell me how you want it and i'll fix it for you. poser@tdkdesigns.com
    I have sent you my zip file please respond ASAP

How do i make more than 2 rows???

try this. i know there is a better way to script this, i just can't think of it right now.
    Attached Files Attached Files