A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: imagesinmotion - portfolio site

imagesinmotion - portfolio site

Hey,

I'm quite proud of what I've achieved with my portfolio site.

Hope you like it.

imagesinmotion

cool effects. Subtle but nice.

How did you do that in the left bottom corner, with the letters? I like that especially

Cheers
    http://www.EyeEmotion.be/: just here to give you a nice treatment for the eye

The effect is mainly scripted. There is a script for each of the tweens, alpha, size and speed of rotation, all being random when mouseOut. It was a while ago since I did that part of the site. I think I just hand coded the animation, if i did it again I would probably use a tween class like caurina.

Subtle is what I was going for

There's alot of stuff going on in the background, keeping everything aligned depending browser sizes for instance.

Sweet site! Just two things that I noticed:

This is purely a simple recommendation, which is very minor. The effect in the bottom left corner is very interesting. However, might I suggest moving the rollover area to the entire letter "m" instead of just the green parts. This way, you include the space in between the green parts. The reason I suggest this is because if you roll over it too quickly, it jumps from organized to random becuase you rollover the black areas in between the green areas. Once again, just something very minor and nit-picky that could go either way. On one hand, I like it the way it is. On the other, I would consider making the above change.

Also, is the viewer supposed to be able to click on the mail button or is that decorative? I ask because everytime I get anywhere near it, the side menu pops up, which is awesome! Anytime I get anywhere near the rightside of the screen the menu pops up, but thats probably how you wanted it. I would personally recommend moving the rollover area a bit more to the right, that way it doesn't pop up quite so often. But that may be exactly what you want, in which case my suggestion is invalid.

Aside from my very small suggestions, I really like your site. It has nice effects and focuses attention on your business. Great job!

Thanks Ipsum, these are two helpful suggestions. A fresh pair of eyes have spotted a big error which I over looked when adding the email button. Smaller screen resolutions will not be able to select the email button as the rollover for the project list over laps.
    And I'm going to change the rollover for the logo in the bottom left as your suggestion is better.

Thanks

looked good to me couldn't see any problems ... nice work