A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C++ SWF Generator

Hey Tim could you tell me how the swf matrix works? I have looking at the php sample you told me about and he uses 217 for the first 8 bits of the matrix which I don't understand because the first bit states it has a scale value, then the next five bits state the scale that he uses needs 22 bits. He commented his code saying us is using a 20:20 (1:1) but for 20 you only need 5 bits. Would you happen to know why?

Also in the documentation it states that scaleX and scaleY are stored as 16.16 fixed point values. Whats the purpose of declaring the bits if its already set to 16.16? Or am I miss interpreting that.

Ok I figured out pretty much what is going on. I'm just not understanding why they are using 22 bits. Also by using 22 bits how will that lay out in the 16.16 fixed point value for the scaleX and scaleY of the matrix? Does that make it 22.22?

aalavandhaann

I need some ideas please...

"The other thing to look at is the SWF File Format documentation from Adobe. ".

Can someone tell me how to use the above specification for C++? is it all about constructing an XML file and compile it using some magic library so we will get an SWF as output ? what do we need to know to use the document,

Can someone enlighten me on how to use that document.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ashok Srinivasan.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    The SWF file format specification describes the exact binary format of an SWF file. Your C++ application will have to turn whatever representation you want to use into that binary format to create an SWF file.

aalavandhaann

Are there any pre written libraries to do this?

I browsed through the web and came across SSWF. Though i have not yet completely explored it but it seems to be giving a promising feeling. Meanwhile are there any other C++ libraries that can compile SWF ?

Regards,

Ashok Srinivasan.

aalavandhaann
    Wow. Treasure, Treasure , Treasure. A page of tools and libraries for SWF generation.

More Tools

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Claus Wahlers just released this little gem

http://wiki.github.com/claus/as3swf

as3swf is a low level Actionscript 3 library to parse, create, modify and publish SWF files.

Alpha version, under active development. Please do not use in production just yet.