A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HTML nav bar messing with flash .swf intro

HTML nav bar messing with flash .swf intro

www.glominerals.com

Any ideas on what is going on here. The nav bar comes down but then is being interfered with the flash file.

which nav bar? come down where?
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

www.glominerals.com

the navigation bar.

gee thanks because repeating yourself helps alot. good luck

after wasting my time trying to see what's wrong with your site I finally figured it out. Luckily I'm able to explain things when I want some friendly help for free so I'll help you as you obviously utterly lack this skill.

hover over 'contact us' to see the problem. the dropdown menu is being covered by the flash file below. Thanks all for trying to help!

i'd provide you with the fix myself, but i'm thinking I don't like you.
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

What do you mean, I think I explained it pretty well. Its simple a navigation bar comes down and interferes with the .swf. Not much more to it than that, I provided the link, which speaks for itself. But thanks for wasting my time in writing this. You have no reason to dislike me...I was just looking for some friendly info. So please don't write if you are not interested in helping a friendly developer. And if you feel the need to help, I would thank you, and be grateful.

I had the same problem not long ago.

Try this in your flash code..

Code:
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <embed...... wmode="transparent"...
    ...you will also have to place the name and value somewhere in the AC_FL_RunContent javascript block. A simple ...'wmode','transparent',...
    will work!

Good Luck.

Hey thanks for the reply...

So I have done that when I embed it in dreamweaver, wmode-transparent.

But you are saying just to write:

'wmode', 'transparent' in the java anywhere.

And then put the actionscript:

<embed...... wmode="transparent"...

what goes after embed? the file name?

Thanks

I took your flash code and added wmode code to show you. It doesn't really matter where you place the code (at least to my knowledge). I've never had a problem/error with the code placement that would tell me otherwise. The wmode code is in red...

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0','width','690','height','475','title','glominerals sheer delight collection','src','flash/glo_minerals_summer','quality','high','wmode','transparent','pluginspage','http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash','movie','flash/glo_minerals_summer' ); //end AC code
    </script><noscript><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" width="690" height="475" title="glominerals sheer delight collection">
          <param name="movie" value="flash/glo_minerals_summer.swf" />
          <param name="quality" value="high" />
          <embed src="flash/glo_minerals_summer.swf" wmode="transparent" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="690" height="475"></embed>
        </object></noscript>

Alright great thanks so much.

So do I not need to put anything in the actionscript of the actual file then?

Not a problem.

Nothing needs to change in the flash file itself. One other thing to save yourself from further headaches working on this issue, is that you may need to play with the z-index of your drop down menu in your CSS to ensure it's set to something high (e.g. z-index: 100 or 999 just depends on how you styled your pages and positioning of elements).

You will probably only need to check that if the wmode doesn't resolve the issue alone.

your awesome, thanks