A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Safari pop up window issue

Unhappy Safari pop up window issue

Hi there, I hope someone can help me out with this issue...
    I have made a flash site that pops open in a new window.
    Within the site I have two dynamic text fields that doesn't seem to show the text when I open it in a pop up window in Safari but it shows fine in firefox.

Ok, to explain more clearely,

firstly if you go to this site:

http://www.enchantedoutfits.co.nz

click enter to open the pop up window.

once the site has loaded three buttons should appear, if you click on flower girl, the outfit should load with the title of the outfit and a description of the outfit. Currently I have a bunch of "test text" in the description field.
    This description field doesn't show up when I view it in Safari but it shows in firefox.
    However the strange thing is, if you open the swf file directly by typing:

http://www.enchantedoutfits.co.nz/preloader.swf

then the description shows up fine in safari.

The only thing different about the description field from other dynamic text fields is that I have attached a stylesheet to it in the actionscript code. All font is embeded so it's not an embedding issue....nor is it a shared library issue as I have tried that too....
    I have the same issue in the Testimonial page, there is a dynamic text field with a style sheet attached which does not show up when viewed in an external pop up window in safari....

could it be a pop up window issue?

I hope someone can help me!!

actually I ended up not using the pop up window as it was too much hassle, so excuse this post.