A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to creat 3D Water fall?

How to creat 3D Water fall?

I am Studing Animation course past 3 months but i am new one to this could any help me to create a 3D water fall in Adobe flash(cs3)...Thksssssssssss in advance!!!!

In just Flash, it's going to be quite a task. Does this have to be realistic, particle based, or just a representation of a waterfall that looks realistic, cartoony?

Your description leaves a bit to be desired. More details would assist your endeavors.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Banned
    That sounds not easy.

Gerbik...
    Hey, do you have or know of examples of flash particles I can view? I am a traditional animator so I draw all my particles frame by frame but would be interested in seeing what particles look like in flash. Ive done them in AE and Maya, but Since I use flash a lot for my animation I am very interested now in seeing how particles look in flash.
    Thanks in advance.
    www.apscalmato.com/animations Is examples of my animations and some of the effects I draw, but it's all frame by frame. Im sure rain, snow, fire may be a lot easier to do with particles but would they look as good or better?

people see cool demo or two made with particles and associate particles with objects those demos display, but this is wrong. the "particle" is math abstraction, simply an object with a set of some properties, such as coordinates, speed, mass, size, etc. it does not "look like" something in flash. displaying the particles on screen is completely separate from particles themselves; they can be displayed as dots, or as dancing hamsters with a glow filter.

so when they say, "thing X would be better to do with particles", they mean that this math model can be applied well to X, and then you would only have to bother how to display the results (an artistic part of work, again).

here is an example - I imagine if an artist would actually work on this, one would have realistic dust cloud and stuff, but I just used dots + blur filter. here is another example demonstrating APE particles:

as you see, way too little in common. that's because particles are not "the look", they are the model.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

if you needed it to be 3d, and want an alternative to the particle method, would could do the whole, get the polygonal shape of a water fall, and use a movieclip at a flowing water texture. if you couple that with some mist from the bottom of the water fall, it could like very nice.