A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Adobe CS3 updates wont install on Leopard?

Adobe CS3 updates wont install on Leopard?

just bought new intel mac with leopard, i've already installed all my software and everything seems to be okay, however when trying to install the updates for adobe products the computer freezes and stalls out and there is no way to get around on the cpu............i cant even force quit.....i can only restart the cpu by pushing the power button. i've done this 3 times already....wtf?
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

The Adobe update are generally notorious for being badly written installers.

You could try starting up in 'safe mode', hold down the shift key while booting and then run the installers. This might stop them from conflicting with something if that's what's happening.

Also, are there specific intel updates or are they universal binary?
    Sam

hmmm...i'll have to check...will it say that in the update description?

i managed to get all the updates to install (after 15 tries) except the adobe update for After Effects which is the one i actually need.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

SJT............YOU ARE A GENIUS. I booted up from safe mode and installed the update and it worked flawlessly!

i've been going back and forth with adobe for 2 weeks and they recommended to partion my hard drive which made no sense to me. glad i didnt waste time doing it.

there is an entire long thread on adobe's site in the after effects section with people that have the same problem.

SJT for president.
    thanks!