A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] button interaction

resolved [RESOLVED] button interaction

i have made a movie clip in flash which has buttons inside it. how can i get these buttons to influance what is going on the main scene. i want then to play a certain frame when clicked. these frames i want to play hold larger images of the thumbnails scrolling across the screen.

at the minute i have used gotoAndPlay but if i want it to gotoAndPlay(23) a frame on the main scene would i need it to say scene1.gotoAndPlay(23).

it might sound a bit of a basic question but i aint to hot on the actionscripting in flash. i have only taught myself the basics up to now.

if you want to reference a clip outside of the one which contains the buttons you would need a this._parent.MainMC.gotoAndPlay("SomeLabel") type approach to bring you out of the MC in question and onto another timeline.

thanks for your reply. i got it to work using _root.gotoAndPlay(frame number) this worked fine for me i should have come back and posted what worked for me and click on the resolved button. thanks again for the reply tho.